Clare63

Assessment tomorrow.....

I last posted on the 11th July stating that the panel had agreed to pay for Connor's assessment, well its almost upon us, tomorrow and Wednesday the 7th & 8th October.

This is absolutely huge for us and in particular Connor who has been out of school since October 2007 and not spent more than a couple of hours without me being around. The next 2 days he will be assessed whilst undertaking the usual timetable of his proposed class and the poor lad is terrified :tearful:

We have been preparing for this for so long, he has visited many times, meet his teacher, class mates etc., we have had a home visit from a lovely lady who is Head of Education at the school who took down lots of details of Connor's concerns and fears. I feel we have everything covered, but can not help feeling rather wobbly, about what tomorrow will bring and how he will cope.

I do however have every faith in the new school (a Priory school) that his needs will be meet, but still have the worry that they perhaps will not accept him or that the LA will not allow us to go ahead should a placement be offered. I feel that this is our last chance and I am scared.

I should be grateful to recieve your positive vibes and any spare hugs going begging.

Thank you

Clare x x x

Clare,

Try not to think too far ahead at the moment: just take it one step at a time.

Good luck for tomorrow,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

K x

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> did you say something about some spare hugs going, so here is some spares, >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> oh yes and some more incase you want some more, >:D<<'> >:D<<'> loads of good vibes sending your way too, claire I have all the faith in the world you will do all you can to get your son in the school you want him in, we had to wait soooo long for the extra provisions for Js special school and we got there, so go all the way to tribunal, Im sure the school will take your son, he sounds like he really is a great lad and Im sure they would be honoured to help your son.

The assessment sounds like its really proffessional, just what he needs to ensure he gets his needs met.

Were here throw out the time he is there, and dont forget he will be returning home in just a couple of days, Im sure he actually might enjoy it, its soo different to mainstream, so be prepared for him to actually be fine too once he is there.

Good luck, sending you loads more of these, >:D<<'> and remember were here to help you throw it.

JsMum

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> sending u loads of huggles, love you loads >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

goodluck to u alll

love and huggles from mexxxxx

Thinking of you and Connor over the next couple of days. Hope they've got off to a good start. Try not to fret too much and look after yourself. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Thank you everyone for all your support and kindness.

Connor was surprisingly calm this morning although he repeatly said he was scared. We had no tears and he managed to keep his rituals to a minimum. We had a sleepless and restless night and 6am this morning came far too soon.

We got stuck in traffic and I phoned the school to say it looked like we would be a bit late, they were lovely and said not to worry that Beth his TA would be waiitng for him. We arrived just after 9 and as previously requested gave a quick hand over, bless him he looked like a rabbit caught in the head lights.

So he's there now, I am not too worry as I know he is in very safe and capable hands, I am just more concerned that they won't take him. But one step at a time. We have to pick him up at 4 today then take him back for day 2 tomorrow, so fingers crossed it went well and that he find tomorrow easier.

Thank you again everyone, I know I would not be this calm if I did not have you people to support me.

Will probably post later to tell you how it went.

Clare xx x x

glad he managed to stay calmer then you(in all that traffic), :P

bet its strange for you too not having him around.......

one step forward...... :wub:

will text you later this evening when you have had time to relax

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

xx

Hope your day is going okay as well, Clare. Hope you've got your feet up with a cuppa and some biccies. Let us know later how he got on. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Hope your day is going okay as well, Clare. Hope you've got your feet up with a cuppa and some biccies. Let us know later how he got on. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Totally agree with you there oxygirl, try and relax, if you can show your son you can cope with this too it will give him stregnth too, I know its going to be really hard not to stop thinking about him, but if you dont it will really exhaust you, and then if the school do take him your going to find it even harder to let go, like you said, he is in good hands, so try as you can to have a cuppa and put up your feet and unwind, even if it is for just 10 mins, with the journey you have had the last year that 10 mins is a rare treat.

Good Luck Im really thinking about you.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

Thanks Guys, after my positive post above, the anxiety for me has set in and I feel sick, the feel of the unknown I expect, my OH will be home any moment then we will be to collect Connor and I do so want him to have had a good day.

Have been wandering about aimlessly for the past few hours, boy I am I goona be glad when this stage is over.

Clare x x x

Day one over.....generally it went very well and there were just one or two little hiccups.

Totally exhausted last night, so could not face posting.

This morning Connor went off well, I can not believe how well all this going, is it the rise before a fall, I hope no.

We find out this afternoon, how the past 2 days went and find out whether a placement will be offered.

Will up date later.

Clare x x x x

We find out this afternoon, how the past 2 days went and find out whether a placement will be offered.

I will really be thinking about you ;) and praying :pray: he is given a place, it does sound like your son actually like the school, so that is very positive.

GOOD LUCK, :wub:

JsMum

xxxx

Clare, as you know I'm :pray::pray::pray:

Will be waiting with baited breath for the outcome. I haven't spoken to Bill the past couple of days (he doesn't bother ringing me anymore :o ). Most of you ds's visit will have gone over his head because he really is on planet Bill most of the time but hopefully today will have gone well.

Flora :pray: