Sign in to follow this  
Tally

ME/Chronic Fatigue

Does anyone here have ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

Please can you drop me a PM if you are willing to discuss any treatments/medications/supplements/diets you have tried and whether they have helped.

I have done everything I can off my own back and found some relief, but I have reached a dead end now. I should be getting an appointment with a consultant from the ME Service in the new year, which is hopeful at last :)

I have M.E.

Not been offered any support and not had much success with diets or supplements.

Only thing which did provide me with some help was Reiki but cost prevents me from having this on a regular enough basis to help.

Feel free to PM to swop stories if you want to or you can email me.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I was given a dx of ME nearly 20 years ago, when I was in my mid twenties. Looking back now, I can't be sure if it was an accurate dx or if I was just suffering from stress and depression, but I was off work for several months. I cut all sugar out of my diet for a while, as I'd read that helped, I remember making a sugar-free birthday cake for my boyfriend's birthday, he wasn't impressed I don't think! After a time I gradually started to get stronger, with lots of rest. Are you eating well? I ate very poorly when I was younger, so was probably deficient in all sorts of minerals and vitamins, which can't help. I hope you find something that works for you. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

I have a good friend who has had two major episodes of ME, the last one lasting 8 years. She is very, very cautious and thorough, always researching and investigating and questioning, and does not go near anything 'New Agey' so I was, to be honest, a bit surprised when she said she was going to do the 'lightning process'. She had spent the last few years following a regime of restricted activity ie 2 hours per day. After the second day of doing the seminar or whatever you call it, she was doing far more than she'd managed since before her illness and has not looked back (that was almost 6 months ago) and is definitely completely better; I've never seen her so energetic, it makes me feel tired! I can PM you the web address for the practitioner she used, if you're interested. But I can fully understand anyone's reticence in doing anything like this (it's not cheap, for a start), given that there are plenty of cranky 'cures' on offer.