Clare63

Sorry to report not good news

The panel meet yesterday to review Connor's case, its taken months to find a suitable placement and after the LA pulling the plug on the first assessment back in July, he undertook the assessment last week and I happily reported to you all he was offered a place.

Stupidly I thought that as the LA agreed to fund the assessment that should a place be offered they would fund the placement, especially as its the only option we had left.

I am sorry to report its not good news, after chasing them several times today I get the news that the panel felt the fees were significantly higher than usual and would therefore not agree to the placement.......as you can probably imagin I went mad, I was very angry and upset, still am in fact.

So where do we stand now, our case worker said he has been told to go back to the school in questions to find out why its so much, he also said the panel wants us to consider another 2 schools, one which we visted 3 times and both us and the school felt were not right for Connor so they turned him down !!! ??? the 2nd is a school in Banbury which is miles and miles away from us and would mean a rsidential placement and total inappropriate.

As usual we get the news on a Friday afternoon when there is no one available to talk too and left to mull all this over during the weekend.

I am so upset that they can mess us around like this, its peoples lives they are dealing with and don't think they consider individuals what so ever, there is no understanding, no compassion nothing !!!!!

I am hoping and praying that there has been some mistake on the paperwork and that the fees being asked for is wrong, it also concerns me that if the fees are higher does the school consider Connor's needs to be greater than we thought and that they are charging for additonal therapy and counselling.

I will deffinatley be appealing the decision and will go to what ever lengths to get the right placement for my son and that placement is at the school he was assessed at last week.

I am very confused and upset at the moment so please excuse my waffling.

Clare x x x

hi there my son was sent to the school at Banbury and in all honesty it has a high number of children with emotional behavioural disorder. Unfortuntely this children do not mix well with autistic children and they can find them selves in the same difficult sitution as at mainstream. Bullied and unable to cope.

OMGiddy Aunt, I dont understand how they can do this, they should of recieved the ammount and everything before agreeing, they know too well the amount, the school would only give Jay a place if funding was agreed and we wouldnt sign the draft statement until it was all in black and white, do not sign anything until you see it in writing, I guess all you can do is appeal, go all the way to sendist.

Its heart rending to hear this, but like you say the school you already have him in is the right school for him.

So stick it out. Has he attended all this week, as a placement or as assessment?

JsMum

CLARE u know wat i feel about it all... you know wher i am if u need me. sending u a gr8 big huggle

love you loads

love donna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Clare, this is dreadful. Recharge your batteries over the weekend and then start fighting again on monday.

Thinking of you.

Stella xx

Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement.

Feeling more in control today, though still very angry.

I WILL get this sorted and they WON'T be getting away with it, I am afraid they are messing with the wrong person here.

Clare x x x

Sending hugs out to you and con honey!

If you want to scream gimme me a ring or pop round for coffee,

and bring connor to say hi to Niam, and of course bring that crazy doggy xx

they should of recieved the ammount and everything before agreeing, they know too well the amount,

Some schools do not have set fees - they assess the child and then say what they would need to charge in order to meet his needs. So the higher the needs, the higher the fees.

That's what this school do, the fees are calculated on the needs of the child, ie whether addtional therapies or counselling is needed, so each child is placed in a "band" of fees linked to their needs. I was not aware that my son would need any additional services and this has not been fed back to us by the school after the assessment. I now have the additional worry that perhaps my child is a lot worse than I thought.

All said and done surely our caseworker should have queries the fees or at least established how they were made up, prior to taking our case to panel, this is the 2nd time their incompetence as resulted in a negative response from the panel due to our case not being properly researched and deliver to panel.

Thanks people for your pm's they have given me enormous amounts of encouragement and support.

Clare x x x

Sorry to hear this Clare. :(

I hope you manage to clarify what's going on as soon as possible, weekends are frustrating when you need to speak to people urgently.

>:D<<'>

K x

All said and done surely our caseworker should have queries the fees or at least established how they were made up, prior to taking our case to panel, this is the 2nd time their incompetence as resulted in a negative response from the panel due to our case not being properly researched and deliver to panel.

I would have thought the case worker would have had a letter giving the break down of the fees.

This sounds absolutely appalling! Surely the costings would have to have been presented with a breakdown of where the money is to be spent, otherwise the panel couldn't accept them as full evidence. The school should have put forward the reasons for the hike in cost, whether your ds needs extra provisions, and they should have discussed the extra provisions with you too.

It sounds to me like there have been some major blunders along the way somewhere, I hope you get a more positive result soon. If not, it might be time to speak to someone in higher authority.

Will be thinking about you tomorrow Clare sending you loads of positive vibes >:D<<'>

Cat

Thanks again everyone and thanks Cat for the positive vibes, I feel so much more in control tonight and well prepared.

Will no doubt post tomorrow with my findings

Clare x x x

Not a very good start....can not get hold of anyone, either answers phones or all in meeting !!! typical

So took the bull by the horns and sent an email to all the important people at the authority, doubt it will do any good but made me feel better.

Was also unable to get hold of the right person at the school, she too in a meeting off site, but I have been promised she'll get back to me later, so that I can get to the bottom of the fees.

Hope to post later with more news, lets hope its good this time.

Clare x x x

You are doing GREAT :thumbs: Hold your resolve and hold your nerve. Hold tight until you do manage to speak to someone. They can't all hide forever :devil:

Cat

Not a very good start....can not get hold of anyone, either answers phones or all in meeting !!! typical

So took the bull by the horns and sent an email to all the important people at the authority, doubt it will do any good but made me feel better.

Was also unable to get hold of the right person at the school, she too in a meeting off site, but I have been promised she'll get back to me later, so that I can get to the bottom of the fees.

Hope to post later with more news, lets hope its good this time.

Clare x x x

Your doing all you can, just great big hugs, your strong clare, you will get there.

>:D<<'>

JsMum

How frustrating! Emails are useful anyway as there will be a paper trail of evidence for what's been said, should you need it, at some point.

Isn't it funny how people are always in a meeting, or left the building five minutes ago, when you want to speak to them urgently. :wacko: I hope you manage to nail someone down eventually.

K x

Thank again everyone, thanks Puffin for the link I will have a look.

Well its been a rubbish day did not get to speak to anyone! the people I needed to speak too at the school were out at a tribunal in Kent and the LEA well I did not hold my breath :wallbash:

Ah well tomorrow ia another day.....will start again, must say all this is taking its toil I have felt so ill today, think my blood pressure must be up because a couple of times I even saw stars !!!!!!!!

Clare x x x

Clare, :( ... I know how frustrating it can be when you want answers and can't get to talk to the poeple who can give you them :( Hopefully you'll have better luck tomorrow.

I've sent you a pm >:D<<'>

Flora X

must say all this is taking its toil I have felt so ill today, think my blood pressure must be up because a couple of times I even saw stars !!!!!!!!

Hi, clare, have you eaten properly today, Im actually thinking low blood sugar levels, you really need to try and look after yourself, as hard as it is in times like these, but you need to keep strong and healthy.

In stressful situations we use more energy, even if its emotional energy, try if you can to book yourself a nice massage or similair pamper session to try and ballance out your stress hormones, relaxation is the key, just expressing how I cope otherwise it consumes you and makes you ill.

Take total care in yourself clare,

JsMum

Thanks for caring guys, its good to know you are there.

JsMum ~ actually I had forgot to have breakfast and lunch so that was probably it ! and yes I must learn to relax, don't really do the massage/beauty parlor thing as not keen on being touched. Maybe I'll book in to get my hair cut I like that.

Clare x x x

Thanks for caring guys, its good to know you are there.

JsMum ~ actually I had forgot to have breakfast and lunch so that was probably it ! and yes I must learn to relax, don't really do the massage/beauty parlor thing as not keen on being touched. Maybe I'll book in to get my hair cut I like that.

Clare x x x

I understand its hard to relax and I know that massage may be a little uncomfortable if you dont like been toutched, My point was to do something that helps you relax, unwind, the hair cut is a great alternative, at the end of the day it has to be a treat.

Have a look at complimentary therapies, I use a lot of these so want to share them with you.

Missing breakfast is a no go area for me, Id be unwell for sure, I suffer with hypoglicemia so need to keep blood sugars at a even keel.

Hope that you eat a good bowl of porrage tomorrow for brekki, its gives good energy supply.

Hugs,

JsMUM

First up......JsMum I made sure I had breakfast this morning !

Lastest up date ~ the Priory school phoned me before 9am this morning, and told me the "band" they had placed Connor in was due to his high anxiety and that he had been out of school for more than a year and that they felt he needed extra support. I do agree, Connor needs a lot of support and that fact that he has been out of school so long is the fault of the authority for not sorting things out sooner.

She could not believe that once again the authority had not queried the fees prior to panel, she said she would phone them straight away this morning (hope she has more luck than me getting to speak to someone !) and explain how the fees are made up. I personally feel that if that's what they think Connor needs, then that is what he must have, I would hate for him to be short changed and end up worse than he already is. This is my son's future we are talking about here not the EA's financial budget !!!!!!

I guess now this will be discussed and taken back to panel who next meet a week on Thursday.

Clare x x x

Clare, I had to wait an agonising two weeks for our lea panel, we got the extra funding in the end, its torture waiting but its well worth the wait when its good news, Im really rooting for you, crossed fingers here.

Let us know the news once you know.

Glad you enjoyed your breakie too.

JsMum

Today's wee up date ......

Heard nothing for the authority (what a surprise !) but I telephoned the school to see how they got on contacting our case worker, she told me she had passed his all the relevant information regarding the fees of how they are made up and why they felt they were neccessary. She then said she would chase them. Just phoned me back to say they hope to have a decision tomorrow, well I won't hold my breath, but will remain on tender hooks until I recieve any further news.

Will keep you posted, thanks as ever for your support and encouragement.

Clare x x x

I gave them until today and heard nothing...... :tearful:

Well that's it then, they obviously want war !

Clare x x x

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I will come....I am up for war....everyone at my LEA knows me too.Karen.

I gave them until today and heard nothing...... :tearful:

Well that's it then, they obviously want war !

Clare x x x

:angry:

This has gone beyond ridiculous.

Clare, bug the life out of the LA tomorrow. Emails and phone calls every hour!

Flora >:D<<'>