Sign in to follow this  
Tally

There is a very strange man in the high street!

Every morning at about 9am, he turns up wearing a white shell suit and shades, stereo on his shoulder playing LOUD 80s pop music, and his arm in the air. He parks his stereo atop a bollard and pulls out his imaginary microphone and proceeds to dance around as if a pop star on stage. The first time I saw him I thought it was some kind of joke, but it's been a week now and he's still doing it. It's very odd.

Every morning at about 9am, he turns up wearing a white shell suit and shades, stereo on his shoulder playing LOUD 80s pop music, and his arm in the air. He parks his stereo atop a bollard and pulls out his imaginary microphone and proceeds to dance around as if a pop star on stage. The first time I saw him I thought it was some kind of joke, but it's been a week now and he's still doing it. It's very odd.

this made me giggle

i do hope hes ok though

must be a die hard 80s fan :whistle:

No, he isn't busking, he is just singing. I think he really thinks he is a pop star.

Apparently there is a local man who is often found on the football pitch refereeing an invisible match. He wears the black kit and blows his whistle and everything. I wonder if this is a relation.

We have a local 'character' who walks around the town all day telling everyone that the world will end tomorrow. He sometimes sings songs about 'naughty boys and girls' repenting for their sins. I used to work evenings in a supermarket, and it used to be quite entertaining when he came in. My hubby works in the post office and apparently he sings all the time when he's in the queue. Apparently he lives in supported housing and he's abolutely fine doing his own shopping etc. - he just likes to sing and preach while he's doing it :lol:

I think he's great - the world needs more people like him.

Mind you, there's not much point if it's all going to end tomorrow ..........

hi tally

i know i proberly shouldnt giggle but it sounds like they are a few strange peeps down there, :lol: you could put them together and have a concert at the football ground, is he a good singer or is it bad for your ears kind of singing :lol: must say you have cheered me up this morning

theresa xx

Tally maybe they let him out the local Mental ward without his prescription drugs :lol: Does his little fantasy pay the bills though?? :lol:

:shame::shame: Sorry to sound like Mrs Politically Correct around here but off hand remarks about people with ASD do not go down well here.

I do not think it is any more appropriate to comment on people with mental health problems.

This is even more so when many parents here have access to CAMHS or would like to have support for their children from CAMHS. :angry: Karen.

He's more miming than singing really. It's quite a spectacle, but I do wonder whether he is eccentric or actually ill. He is not doing anyone any harm and it's probably good exercise, but it seems very odd.

We use to have an old man who sat in the high street playing his harmonica. I'm sure he know what the tune was but nobody else had the faintest idea what he was playing.

........and I'd be the one with my takeaway latte, sat watching him........... but then, I'm a bit odd too ;) .......

We have quite a few charactures in my area doing their thang - makes for a more colourful life me thinks............ sure if there was anything to be concerned about, the blokes in white coats would be out in force........

**hides from men in white coats** :ph34r::lol:

:D