Sign in to follow this  
pingu

nintendo 64 and gamesharks...

Hi there.

Im sure someone will pop me in the right area if im not already there..... and i dont think you can help me anyway, but you know how it is when your dearly loved aspie has an obsession and you dont have the answers. welllll thats my prediciment.... add into that the mess of our current situation and whoooaaa welcome to my world... :wallbash:

Problem is. K is obsessed with james bond - namely the golden eye game for the nintendo 64. well before steve left he had been asking for a gameshark, we were on the verge of discovering what these were all about when ..... well he got taken.... anyway. now my feet have hit the floor i said i'd finially get around to getting one, and we did, and all day ive been trying to get the cursed thing to work.. does ANYONE have knowledge of these... or of the goldeneye game.. or of the art of getting through the aztec level to open up the egytian level.. ????? If i thought it would help idd add a lot more... but i dont think it would be helpful at this stage ..... :wallbash::whistle:

shaz

My son says you usually put the gameshark cartridge in and find out the codes, then take it out and put the game in and use the codes.

He says if you google gameshark and N64 you should get some advice.

You can get a lot of cheats/tips off web-sites too - google N64 the game title cheats.

WOW this brings back memories!!! Goldeneye is BRILLIANT!!! I preferred the multiplayer games when it was set up between two machines as the other players couldnt see where you were sniping from!!

First I'll say hi all. I'm still around just still very busy. Not sure why I'm on here now as I'm off to visit a friend in Leciester tomorrow and travelling just before 10am and am not yet packed. My life is as hectic as ever but still thinking off you lot. Will try and make time to post properly soon. I know I keep saying that. :rolleyes:

Right onto the actual post.

I'm sorry to say I know exactly what your son wants. Whether I can remember how to do it is another matter. There are a couple of codes that allow you to enter levels that they had started converting for the multiplayer but for some reason never finished to the point where they were included in the final game. However the partially converted levels were included and through the use of a game shark (or in mine and my brother's case an action replay - a different brands model) you could access these 2 levels.

The first thing that springs to mind is the action replay (I'm probably going to keep calling it that but the game shark was very similar) I think contains an internal battery which is needed for some of the data not to be lost which is required for the device to work. Not sure why I think this but I'd open it up and check if it doesn't seem to be working. It's possible it was one of the other consoles versions not the N64 one though. It's year since our N64 was used. Though I remember playing Goldeneye when I was young and it was a good game. Technically my mum didn't allow us shooting games at that stage but a friend brought it across quite regularly. Latter another friend who didn't even have the console decided to buy a copy that was kept at our house. Mum knew and kind of came to accept we were both really old enough to play such games.

As for the codes that you need it will depend on the version of the game you have. As you are in the UK it should be a PAL version. I have a feeling that the particular codes you want weren't included on the cartridges and will need programming in. The codes for the PAL version are as follows (I found these on http://www.gamewinners.com/gameshark.php?g...deneye007.htm):

Multi-player level - Cradle:

D00572D1 0008

80025E47 0029

Hold C-Up, start the game, release when screen turns black.

Multi-player level - Statue:

D00572D1 0004

80025E47 0016

Hold C-Down, start the game, release when screen turns black.

I can't find one but there may also be a 'must be on' code that is required to get any of the other codes to work.

I hope that helps. Sorry that I'm not overly clear on somethings. My memory isn't as good as I'd like it to be.

All the best, David.

P.S. I guess I should give a brief update. I'm still at the special school and enjoying it a lot. The run upto half term was an especially good week. I managed to accompany two classes on the end of half term trips (in both cases the cinema followed by Pizza Hut) and they were good fun. The kids enjoyed themselves and the staff did too. One kids happyness was even put down to me as the moment I walked into the class he started beaming. He's not overly happy in his present class due to the behaviour (and unpredictability) of some of the other children in the class. In general I think I could say that the kids at my school seem to like having a man working in the class. Visiting primary is always an experience as quite a lot can be very clingy to men. Will also be fun after half term as due to a few issues in the leadup to the hols I'm now going to be swimming with 3 different classes so they have additional help if it is needed. On one of my swimming trips before half term I met an ex-member of this forum who I'm glad to say was doing well. I'm also still very active in one of my local scouting groups. I've a camp to look forward to soon. Well I'd really better get to bed. All the best for now. I will try and say hi a bit more frequently. I've not left for good though just a bit intermitent and loosing track a lot of what is going on here. All the best, David.