Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Problems at school

M has been very very disruptive at school. Everyday i am getting negative feedback in his diary ie running away and disrupting the class.

He is now winding up the kids in his class. I think to get a reaction from them. He seems to go for one child in particular and when they get upset, M seems to enjoy winding them up even more. Obviously, this can't be tolerated.

He recently has got a new teacher and i am at my wits end with him to be honest. Normally, i know what makes him tick but i can't seem to get him out of this one at all.

I have had a long chat with him tonight and I think some of what I have said has gone in but to be honest who knows!

I am going to have to go in and speak to the teacher. And see if together we can sort this.

Any ideas?

Forbsay

>:D<<'> >:D<

Brings back memories! :tearful:

It all depends why he is running away. If he is finding being in the room too stressful to cope with then a punishment-based strategy could be incredibly ounter productive.

Does your son's school have a quiet area where he can go when it all gets too much for him? Is it possible the bad behaviour and winding up other people is his way of making sure they will take him out of the room?

Simon

You're certainly not alone - have some of these on me >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

DS2 is having similar problems. The SENCO and teachers have been observing him and they think it has a lot to do with 'sensory overload' - he's gone from a class of 17 to one with 30 children!!. As mossgrove says, a quiet area may be a big help, but DSs teacher has said she needs to be careful that he doesn't play up just to go there!! :wallbash:

They are giving him 'quiet time' by giving him jobs to do like tidying up the book corner. Also, maybe a stress releif toy, like a squishy ball, may help. DS uses that in assembly (when they can get him to go! :whistle:)

Nicky x

Hi

I think you both could be right about the sensory issues. He did his work outside the classroom today and he did really well with it. However, when they tried to put him back in the classroom - he was going to start to wind up the other kids again. They do have a quiet room that he could go to.

I am going in to speak to the teacher about him.

Thanks for the replies - appreciate it.

Hi

The mere fact he has a new teacher and presumably a different classroom might well be enough to upset him, hence the reason he's behaving the way he is. Teachers have slightly different teaching styles, etc, so might it be worth having a chat with her and suggest that she liaise with his previous teacher to discuss management strategies. R has a new teacher, new classroom, bigger playground, increased workload, etc and he's not coping well at all just now. Time will tell if he'll settle down.

Regards

Caroline.

It is getting worse.

M started called the wee boy names today and the wee boy went and hit the teacher in the nose and her nose started bleeding! :tearful::tearful:

I don't believe this.

It is getting worse.

M started called the wee boy names today and the wee boy went and hit the teacher in the nose and her nose started bleeding! :tearful::tearful:

I don't believe this.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Maybe you need to ask for a meeting with teacher, HT and SENCO ?

It needn't be anything too heavy - just a chance for you all to come up with possible solutions.

Edited by NickyB

Went in today to speak to the teacher and nursery nurse.

They are putting new stragegies in place and i told them my views on the situation.

Will see what happens :tearful:

Went in today to speak to the teacher and nursery nurse.

They are putting new stragegies in place and i told them my views on the situation.

Will see what happens :tearful:

I hope they can come up with something which will help

>:D<<'>