Sign in to follow this  
Sooze2

It must to so nice!

To have an intertest that keeps you occupied for every single minute of the day.............

Don't you think?

It was so brilliant to see him getting out the k'nex that he got for Xmas 2 years ago and had to buy extra wheels for the first time since a week after he received it, he's making cars with it rather than making them with lego or playing car games on the PlayStation or watching top gear or even talking about cars. He's a bit upset as I type because the girls are playing with his magnetix (which he never uses) which has 4 wheels in amougst it and they are daring to touch said wheels even though he's not playing with it and never has!

What a great way to be.

Love him.

Edited by Sooze2

Sorry I just wanted to add that I didn't mean the above in a negative way, just in case it came across like that. He's having a ball and very happy which I am loving, we seem to have all accepted things and each other lately and possitivity seems to be soaking through the house. Its great.

To have an intertest that keeps you occupied for every single minute of the day.............

Don't you think?

It was so brilliant to see him getting out the k'nex that he got for Xmas 2 years ago and had to buy extra wheels for the first time since a week after he received it, he's making cars with it rather than making them with lego or playing car games on the PlayStation or watching top gear or even talking about cars. He's a bit upset as I type because the girls are playing with his magnetix (which he never uses) which has 4 wheels in amougst it and they are daring to touch said wheels even though he's not playing with it and never has!

What a great way to be.

Love him.

My ds is just the same. He is either making cars with knex or lego or watching Dave - Richard Hammond is his favorite. Then he comes down from his room and tells me all about the cars he has seen on Top Gear and their engine and specs etc. If we go out in the car on a longish journey - I have to stop for a rest - not from the journey but from all the jibber jabber about cars and engines!

Bless them and their "interests". It's lovely to see him anxiety free when he's doing the things he loves.

My son's obsession is.. (don't laugh) pencils.

Preferably untouched unsharpened (ie totally flat ended) pencils. There are literally hundreds around the house, grouped neatly. He doesn't play with any toys at all.. but he spends HOURS totally absorbed in his pencils. he lines them, he holds them just so, and in his head they are something I'm sure but tho he can talk he has never been able to explain why they matter so much.

Whenever I get a bit down about his limitations, I remind myself that he is lucky..he is happy, absorbed and peaceful in his pencil dominated world!

Julesx

My ds is just the same. He is either making cars with knex or lego or watching Dave - Richard Hammond is his favorite. Then he comes down from his room and tells me all about the cars he has seen on Top Gear and their engine and specs etc. If we go out in the car on a longish journey - I have to stop for a rest - not from the journey but from all the jibber jabber about cars and engines!

Bless them and their "interests". It's lovely to see him anxiety free when he's doing the things he loves.

Sounds like an average day in our house :lol:

With Z it's horses, ponies and everything to do with them and riding

I've never thought of it like this before but yes it must be so nice to have something

Maybe Z and C are mine- they keep me occupied all day and take up all of my time :lol:

steves obsession has never changed,bless him!!its called SWEARING :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

he does love you tube as well though :lol:

Pokemon, youtube (watching people playing pokemon and listening to the tunes from pokemon games!) and other characters from nintendo games. I think its due to the very visual nature of games and youtube - He thrives on visual input and learns more when he can "see" a situation. :hypno:

He is definitely at his most "chilled" when doing these activities, though! (And conversely most stressed when he has to stop doing them for something horrible like Homework!!) :crying:

Cheryl

My son's obsession is.. (don't laugh) pencils.

Preferably untouched unsharpened (ie totally flat ended) pencils. There are literally hundreds around the house, grouped neatly. He doesn't play with any toys at all.. but he spends HOURS totally absorbed in his pencils. he lines them, he holds them just so, and in his head they are something I'm sure but tho he can talk he has never been able to explain why they matter so much.

My son LOVES pencils too!!!! He loves a fresh packet of new pencils so that they are all the same length. He will gather them up and just hold them a while then rearrange them, I think it is the potential for patterns that can be made, bless them xxx