Sign in to follow this  
farfalla

Bad trip to london

thought it would be nice for us togo too london for the day,

mother was up with my 7 year old nephew...........

Dh had the day off..... so all ready to go.

Started ok until we got on the train, very busy going to waterloo,

and standing room only.......

DS starting saying his legs hurt and he needed to sit down,

then he got angry with me and said it was fault he was cramped and i should move back.

on telling him i couldn't because people are behind me, he told me i was an IDIOT, as loud as he

could........... and nearly everyone looked at me.

He started huffing and moaning telling me i was stupid,

and i could feel everyone looking, as if i was a bad mother and he was just a naughty child.......

GOD should i get autistic tattood on his head!!

I did manage to calm him down, but he was still quite angry on leaving the train,

so we had to sit on the bench for 5 mins so he could rest!

While walking through london the only thing he shouted about continuously were

that his legs ached and they were going to snap.

his Nana tried talking to him which made him worse, so i had to snap at her

and tell her to leave him please!

We went to china town for lunch, DS loves chinese food, so i thought this would be good.

WRONG - the curry wasn't the NORMAL one from our local.......

and all the other things there didn't look right or taste right,

a buffet lunch for 4.99 and he ate a piece of chicken! 1 cube of it, before gagging

and spitting it back on his plate!

I will know better next time, if there is a next time..............

i thought i had done everything to prepare him,

telling him step by step what were going to do and

showing him web pages of where we would be..............

i overloooked the overcrowding on the train...... D'OH!

Once on the train home he was back to lovely self and we relaxed, got in the car

and drove home.................. back to normality!

Just wanted to have a vent on here, things have been a bit stressed here lately,

me and hubby had a blow out, but think we have things back on track,

he even said for the first time, seeing son with our younger nephew

he could see the difference in him straight away.

rant over, god it seems worse when i see it written down......

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

sounds like my days out

think you was very brave doing london-i had a job myself coping there when i went for a weekend-

you would think you could get to sit on the train -i had same problem

you say about your son complaining about his legs

i get this all the time with my son-in fact he hates walking anywhere-he is hypermobile so i think this adds to it

i went to the drs recently about this moaning and complaining of his legs and he got reffered back to physio-who checked his feet over and said he had no archs at all in his feet and his toes had grown funny to compensate-so there was a reason for it-because i was starting to think it was just sensory or lazyness

so we are on the waiting list to see someone who fits things in shoes to help with this.

thought id mention it-because my son is 7 and up till then no one had really looked at his feet or ankles?

so may be worth checking out >:D<<'>

wow thank you for that rainbow,

i will get the doctor to look at this.

he is overweight due to noise levels within PE,so

he stopped doing activitiy sports in year 7!

we try and keep him active but it is becoming harder too when

he is constantly moaning about his legs and feet,

i will ask bout this though.

today he is having a good day - but then we are at home!!

Oh poor you, its so disappointing when you put in so much effort to have a day out and it all seems to go terribly wrong.

Connor is always moaning about his legs and feet aching too, in fact this has gone on for years, funny coz as a baby he was so desparate to walk and was up and running by 9 months old.

Feet seemed to be to worse problem and at 10 years old he was dx'd with Policeman Heel and inserts were recommended, the waiting list at the time was horrendous so we went private and paid over �700 for 2 pairs of specially made inserts one for every day shoes and one for sport shoes/trainers....typically would he wear them !!!!!

I do think too the weight thing is a problem, like your son my son too has put on a lot weight due to lack of exercising from being out of school and a fear of leaving the house.

Anyway good to hear things are now back on track for you.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Another one here who moans about legs aching n hates walking anywere....he is also hypermobile. Sorry to hear the day didnt go well, it is so upsetting isnt it. >:D<<'>

thats very interesting reece hates walking and uses a mobility pushchair if we go any distence need to look into that xxxxxxx

hope u get things sorted

lovedonnaxxxxx

I lived in London for 20 odd years and just don't understand why anybody would wants to go there.

Walking, I'm the one that needs a rest. The odd time that he moans about walking, on way home from school usually, I remind him that I have already walked a mile to school so he is the one that should be carrying me.Then he decided that he wants to go to the shop which means a 1/2 mile detour and at that point he seems to get his strength back.

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

sounds like my days out

think you was very brave doing london-i had a job myself coping there when i went for a weekend-

you would think you could get to sit on the train -i had same problem

you say about your son complaining about his legs

i get this all the time with my son-in fact he hates walking anywhere-he is hypermobile so i think this adds to it

i went to the drs recently about this moaning and complaining of his legs and he got reffered back to physio-who checked his feet over and said he had no archs at all in his feet and his toes had grown funny to compensate-so there was a reason for it-because i was starting to think it was just sensory or lazyness

so we are on the waiting list to see someone who fits things in shoes to help with this.

thought id mention it-because my son is 7 and up till then no one had really looked at his feet or ankles?

so may be worth checking out >:D<<'>

my son had insoles fitted into his shoes about 6 months ago for this same reason ....it has even made him walk straighter they have been brill ......he as had no probs with his legs since gettin them until this weekend and the pains have started again and he as 2 lumps come up on the side of his leg so back to docter again .....but those insoles are brilliant like i said