Sign in to follow this  
farfalla

Moving to another county!

Today we have decided (all in a day) that we are moving to Plymouth.

We are all set, but worry about all the tings we are sorting out up here,

Niam is setting out to be statemented............ will this be affected??????

Niam is being seen by chams (i think thats how it selt) at the end of december, by which time we wil have moved!!!!!!

Yes 4 weeks today! we will begone, what do i do to transfer all this over?

i have an appointment with my gp tomorrow for other things, can i ask her to transfer it al over?

do i need to ring SS about the statemnt............

God no wonder my brain is mush, and now this to add to it all

any help with be gratefully recieved

Not sure about moving and having everything transfered over you may find you have to start again on the waiting lists I would speak to the National Autistic Society about it and see if they have the details of any support groups who could point you in the right direction.

When I move I found medical records took along time to transfer so it might be worth acessing records under the data protection act and copying everything to physicaly take with you.

Hi farfalla.

We not long ago move to a new county.

Any diagnosis you may have had and any reports etc will be transferred to new school/ council/GP.

But the actual proses of statementing will start from scratch as this is done by your local council and each council has its own way of doing things.

If you already have a statement in place then I would imagine that new council will look at it and decide on a case by case what to do.

But be warned that you may well find that things are done completely different. This is what we found, our new council/health authority seem to start the whole proses from a different direction than our old one.

We had just got a diagnosis but had not gone down the statementing root as old school seem happy that our son was making satisfactory progress under SA+.

New school say that he needs a lot of help and statementing. In hindsight I think that old school/council had much lower expectations.( At old school he was just below average, new school right at bottom).

What we did when we had new school sorted out was photo copy every thing that we had from every one and sent it to them so they had some ideas about son before he started.New school phoned old school before we moved to find out more.

When you have decided what school you want and they have a place, you contact the school directly, there is no reason why your child cant start at school straight away.

Our son finished at old school on the Thursday and started new school following Monday, 200 miles away.

Also did copy of things for GP.

You cant really sort out GP and other medical thing until after you have moved.What happens is you walk into new GP say you want to register, fill in the forms and they send of to old GP for your records. Present GP cant do anything before hand.

That's about as much as I can tell you, as I said every council seems to have their own way of doing things.

Good luck Chris.

Aw Farfalla............I'll miss you, will we have chance for a doggy walk before you go :tearful:

Sorry don't have advice re moving to another county.......but best of luck all the same and I just know you'll be happier once you finally get back "home" to Plymouth.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x