Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

A tiny bit of a breakthrough.

My husband has just off the phone to L's resi (they phoned us about 10 mins ago!) Basically, they have had another boy's brothers in visiting tonight, and in the words of the resi boss, they were 'hell'.

Resi boss, has just told us that for the first time ever that L has displayed 'interesting behaviour'. Apparently he became very withdrawn, anxious and agitated.

Normally L presents in resi (and school) as a happy-go-lucky child, who would do anything, full of smiles, tries anything etc.

Not sure what to think. part of me happy that they have finally seen something other than the above, part of me is sad that he got to this stage.

Good to see you here, Fiorelli.

I can understand why you have mixed feelings about this news. It's always a relief when others confirm what you know about your child. I hope things are looking a bit better for you.

K x

Thank you Kathryn.

"Things" aren't really looking any better, but I am dealing with them a bit better - if that makes sense. After my post a couple of weeks ago, my husband took us away for a few days as L and P were at their father's. It enabled me to clear my head a bit and have some 'me' time. I also met a lovely lady off here who made me see that it isn't just me that is having problems, and that we are not alone. I have a vague plan of action in my head which includes - amongst others - trying to get water-tight proof together that the school L is in isn't the right one for him, and that he needs a certain type of school. I am going to become that parent they hate - the one that is constantly on their back. For far too long, I have sat back and though 'that isn't right', 'why are they doing this and not that' etc. I have good intentions that I'm not going to sit back any longer.

I need to speak to resi today (my husband spoke to them last night), as I am concerned about how L was last night. I am guessing he must have gotten quite 'bad' for them to call and let us know at 9.40 last night. I also want to know what they did to help him. My husband said that the resi boss had told him that "another child with Aspergers said he'd had enough of this and took himself off to his bedroom". Louis isn't always (mostly not) capable of doing that.

Sooooooooooooooooo good to see you here hunni >:D<<'>

Blimey.................first time I've been called Lovely........... ;) Odd, bit strange, well meaning, but a bit bizzare......... but 'Lovely'........ :lol:

Seriously, I'm delighted you're going to turn into the parent they hate (t'is lots of fun! :devil:) and equally delighted you are feeling strong enough to do so.

I am here - whenever needed to stir the cauldron.......make the ransom notes for LEA's staplers............or anything else that may be needed.....

As is a whole bunch of us 'odd, bit strange, but well meaning parents' who are just down the road from you (NikkiSmith, yes, you are included in that group... :devil: ).

Oh, ohhhhhhh - you comin' to the pub later?? :dance:

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> :D

I really wish I could come Smiley, but L is home - and don't we know it!

Oh, he came home with some 'wonderful' IEP's - a 'revised' one for this term, and 2 'completed' ones... I feel a letter coming on... Oh, and we recieved a letter to say that his teacher is leaving at Christmas to become deputy head of another special school in A******, but no mention of who the new teacher will be, or when they start, or whether the children get to meet her.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> It's such mixed emotions when they finally show their difficult behaviours in other settings - but at least the "profeesionals" have now seen and can't just keep telling you he only does it at home!

Oi, Smiley, young lady! What did I do to end up in the "odd, bit strange, but well meaning parents" club?

Honestly.......:whistle:

Oh, he came home with some 'wonderful' IEP's - a 'revised' one for this term, and 2 'completed' ones... I feel a letter coming on... Oh, and we recieved a letter to say that his teacher is leaving at Christmas to become deputy head of another special school in A******, but no mention of who the new teacher will be, or when they start, or whether the children get to meet her.

It is quite likely that they have not yet appointed a replacement. The school where I work is in the same position you describe and they are interviewing next week.

The school is so wrong for your son amd has been for some time, you should be able to gather the evidence you need.

As Smiley said it is fun to play the LA at their own game. I like to think they dread my phone calls as much as I dread their letters!

You are certainly not the only person going through this, there are many, many that I know of. It is much harder to find parents who are happy with the provision for their child.