Sign in to follow this  
Marion

Finally had enough of school

Hi all, just an update and wanted to thank everyone for their support whilst my ds was going through hell tryin to attend a mainstream primary school with no support. We've fought and fought, gone to tribunal-I even wrote to Ed Balls -he passed the letter to someone else to answer.

I was signed off work with stress , ds a wreck, his attendance was down to 50%. Headmaster says he wont be able to cope with secondary school-but wont go against the LEA to get him a statement..

Anyway, Thursday was a nightmare-" I cant do it mummy, its too hard.." lots of tears and then I thought what am I doing to my child? Sent the letter off Friday to de-register him and within days I'm living with a different child. I realise that home education isnt for everyone but if that's what's right for ds then that's wots gonna happen. Brave words, anybody got a caravan for when my house gets re-possessed?

Thanks again to everyone who supported me, have a lovely Christmas, Marion

Hi, I nearly did that myself in y6, when my lad was excluded, but needed to work for my sanity, hope it goes well, have to say I am seriously thinking of it again as his behaviour at home has settled but school is still a problem. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Enid

:thumbs:>:D<<'> :thumbs: Home Education might not be right for every one but it is right for some of us. The only way is up from here on Marion - ten years on and we still think it was the best decision we ever made :thumbs: We lost the endless days/weeks/months of stress and more importantly we re-gained two wonderful sons who have continued to thrive since we pulled the plug on school.

Cat

Edited by Cat

A brave decision, and as Cat says, not the right one for everyone, but obviously the right choice for you and your son. I hope this is just the start of better times ahead. :)

K x

Delighted for you Marion. I've recently started home edding my 10 year old and wish I'd done it years ago. All that wasted time trying to bang a square peg into a round hole - he's happy and calm now for the first time in years and it's a joy to finally have my son back. I can't begin to describe the relief at not having interfering and incompetent education peeps mucking things up all the time and refusing to support him.

I wish you every success in the world and I know you're doing the right thing for him. Well done.

Karen

x

Thanks all for your kind words, Karen you made me cry!! in a nice way, you're right the relief is huge, take care everybody and hava a lovely Christmasl, Marion

Well done on having the courage to make the decision that is right for you and your family, Marion. I home educated for two years and it was a healing time for us, if challenging at times. Enjoy it and best of luck for the future. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Hi there

Hope everything works out for all.

Also just to say I started Home educating my son as from yesterday and wish I had done this years ago, I know its early days but I've already noticed a big difference in him and to see him relaxed and smile again means the world to me.

Although he will be 14 after Christmas, and was in yr 9, he has been tortured by bullies from the age of reception, I think the schools had more than enough time to deal with it !

All the best to all, we can do it folks. :thumbs: