Cariad

Christmas presents

I find all T wants is Mario games and Dr Who memorabilia.. Do you have a hard time trying to find Christmas presents for yours?

What are your children getting from Father Christmas? :)

i had a :george: in Tesburys on Wednesday, because we saw the game he wanted from Santa and took the oppotunity on impulse to get it then. p got :angry: because he wanted Santa to get it. so i tried to distract him but he is bright. :wub: we entertained the tesbury shoppers anyway.the game was Spongebob drawn to life for his ds lite and supermario carts for ds lite,both he wants but from Santa :rolleyes:

Last year was WWE everything. This year is WWE and LEGO CITY....argh!!!!!!!!! His main present tho is a Wii.

I'm really struggling this year for Jay. The only thing he's really interesed in are snails and sea-life. His birthday was end of November so we got him a couple of snail ornaments to start a collection, a book on pond creatures and a dvd on sea creatures. For Xmas we've got him a couple of snail oranments for his collection, a book on sea life and a dvd on sea creatures!! :hypno: Can't think of anything else, he has loads of books already anyway and he doesn't want toys or clothes or watches or anything like that, so we're really stuck! :huh:

~ Mel ~

I'm really struggling this year for Jay. The only thing he's really interesed in are snails and sea-life. His birthday was end of November so we got him a couple of snail ornaments to start a collection, a book on pond creatures and a dvd on sea creatures. For Xmas we've got him a couple of snail oranments for his collection, a book on sea life and a dvd on sea creatures!! :hypno: Can't think of anything else, he has loads of books already anyway and he doesn't want toys or clothes or watches or anything like that, so we're really stuck! :huh:

~ Mel ~

Mel,

Do any the Zoo's or marine life places do adopt a sea creature, might be a nice idea and as usually you get a certificate, photo etc in a pack plus a ticket to visit ?

Just a thought.

Clare x x x

All must son has wants for Christmas is a decent broadband connection !!!! where an earth do I get one of those and how do I wrap it :unsure:

Clare x x x

Ds#1 (8) is tricky this year. Last year he was well into Star Wars and obscure Star Wars Droids did the trick!

This year he likes Pokemon and I've got him some cards and some Pokemon Marbles but there's not much out there in mainstream shops (and I've probably left it too late for Ebay etc) He's not asked for anything really. He's getting an Eye Clops, Drawn to Life DS Game (he did want that) and various other games. He's also getting a PS3.

Mel,

Do any the Zoo's or marine life places do adopt a sea creature, might be a nice idea and as usually you get a certificate, photo etc in a pack plus a ticket to visit ?

Just a thought.

Clare x x x

Cheers Clare, that's sweet. >:D<<'> I did see something like that for a dolphin once, actually. Wonder if they do snails! :lol:

~ Mel ~

Dd1 always gives detailed lists of exactly what she wants so that's easy. Ds1 however wants a magic water bottle that fills up by itself and a pebble.... :rolleyes:

Actually dd2 (nt) is most difficult as she just wants presents!!!!

Ds#1 (8) is tricky this year. Last year he was well into Star Wars and obscure Star Wars Droids did the trick!

This year he likes Pokemon and I've got him some cards and some Pokemon Marbles but there's not much out there in mainstream shops (and I've probably left it too late for Ebay etc) He's not asked for anything really. He's getting an Eye Clops, Drawn to Life DS Game (he did want that) and various other games. He's also getting a PS3.

Pokemon rules DS2's life at the moment. Actually it's totally taken over. He had his birthday a three weeks ago, so we're really all Pokemoned out, am really struggling to find anything Pokemon - don't bother checking out Ebay cos I think we've scraped out everything Pokemon that was on there!

It's tricky actually - we worry that he's becoming more entrenched in his own world (everything Pokemon, of course) but then nothing else means anything to him. He was livid with his aunt's non-Pokemon birthday present, just threw it down in outrage saying : "I didn't want THAT!'

Problem is he thinks Pokemon are real and what he really wants is his own to train.

*sigh*

Pokemon rules DS2's life at the moment. Actually it's totally taken over. He had his birthday a three weeks ago, so we're really all Pokemoned out, am really struggling to find anything Pokemon - don't bother checking out Ebay cos I think we've scraped out everything Pokemon that was on there!

It's tricky actually - we worry that he's becoming more entrenched in his own world (everything Pokemon, of course) but then nothing else means anything to him. He was livid with his aunt's non-Pokemon birthday present, just threw it down in outrage saying : "I didn't want THAT!'

Problem is he thinks Pokemon are real and what he really wants is his own to train.

*sigh*

Anyone needing pokemon ideas might like to try here. They have quite a lot of stuff. My DS is into it in a big way too and I have spent some time searching for ideas.

Happy hunting!

Cheryl

Yeah, we got ours from a local butterfly/insect place, we got 4 snails and a tank for a tenner! (Actually, we had a wee bonus as we discovered an extra baby snail in the tank on the first compost change-which was just as well as Tracy, the 'mummy' snail, was discovered to be dead and dried-up as a loofah at the same time!!) Spongebob, Douglas and the baby twins, Castor and Pollux, are doing well though!!

Might be worth checking out??

As for my two, they keep saying that they'd like a Wii but Lij has altered his list to lego star wars, a 'Homer Simpsons' robot and something else.....arrgh! At least he's getting a little bit of the star wars stuff....I hope he's not too disappointed!!!!

what about pet-african land snail, easy pets to keep, only cost about a pound, and only eat cucumber, and amazingly relaxing and easy to keep xx

I think he is working his way up to a land snail, Lisa, although he's into aquatic snails at the mo. :D I can certainly see him having one in the next year or so. :thumbs: Not sure what the cat would make of it though. :lol:

~ Mel ~

Yeah, we got ours from a local butterfly/insect place, we got 4 snails and a tank for a tenner! (Actually, we had a wee bonus as we discovered an extra baby snail in the tank on the first compost change-which was just as well as Tracy, the 'mummy' snail, was discovered to be dead and dried-up as a loofah at the same time!!) Spongebob, Douglas and the baby twins, Castor and Pollux, are doing well though!!

Might be worth checking out??

Oh dear, poor Tracy! Jay has five aquatic snails, his fav. is Gary, a Columbian Ramshorn. They only live a year in captivity apparently and we got her (yes, her!) at Xmas last year. I'm dreading the day she pegs it, he'll be heartbroken. In the unit at school they have a poor long-suffering goldfish called Gordon. One day Jay plucked two Great Pond Snails from the pond in the playground and popped them in with Gordon for company (and algae control). The following day they were, shall we say, VERY busy and now poor Gordon has at least 50 companions, and they're still at it!! Well, Jay was pleased anyway. :whistle::lol:

~ Mel ~