Sign in to follow this  
allsetuk

travel insurance

ok , does anyone have any ideas for travel insurance where to go, apparently as aspergers often is related to anxiety ...no ones wants to cover it anymore !!!

whats experience does anyone else have of this .....

just had a really fustrating experience rang a so called pre medical condition friendly insurance company, that were meant to be experts ......and they didnt know what it was, they had to google it!!!!!!

grrr so frustated

Pass. I've never mentioned AS before as strictly speaking it isn't a medical condition (see, literal interpretation can be useful sometimes :whistle:) but I've never had to claim so don't know if it would be a problem. However, I tried to get travel insurance recently as my sister wanted to take me to Lapland to see the snow and Father Christmas (I know, 25 years too late :lol:) as a treat but because of recent hospital admissions and medical treatment no one would insure me (and most airlines wouldn't let me fly with them :( ) so I couldn't go :tearful: - I guess it's how insurance companies keep their costs down by only insuring those unlikely to claim which sort of makes sense but isn't very helpful - have you tried contacting the NAS as they may know of insurance companies that understand ASDs, otherwise find one that asks for medical conditions and claim ignorance as AS isn't medical...

any chance mods could delete the other two new topics, for some unknown reason this same topic has come up three times ...thanks

thanks for reply mumble and so sorry to hear that you couldnt go to lapland

I found this on the NAS website:

Insurance

The Autism Helpline is not aware of any travel insurance companies who are specifically aware of ASD. We can only suggest that you check in detail the policy of the individual company. FAIR Multimedia suggests a particular organisation, Access Travel, in their guide Holiday help for people with learning disabilities. They will insure people with an ASD if they travel with the company. Please see the 'References/recommended reading' section and the following website for further information: Access-Travel. (There are also further website contacts for insurance in the 'Useful contacts' section.) However, please note that The National Autistic Society (NAS) is unable to recommend any particular company or organisation.

See the full section on holidays here.