lorryw

pinch me, Im dreaming

I dont know how many of you will remember me and my fight for my son to have some kind of adult day service.

I have been through complaints procedures, a tribunal, lied to (more times than I care to dwell on) but just kept going. We have been treated appallingly by the NAS which was almost the final straw but is now water under the bridge. Last week I was actually told that a "pilot" service was to start in January and the set up was to be under my "guidance". They have health professionals on board and staff are undergoing training. I cant quite believe it and Im sure we will have hiccups along the way but at last they have LISTENED.

I have been supported by some fantastic people who have listened to me drone on for the past 5 years and managed to not glaze over. People on here have spurred me on when Ive limped on to lick my latest set of wounds and I am very grateful. I also was shown great kindness by a high profile legal expert who took pity on our plight and explained our watertight legal rights, no fees (which are astronomical), provided I didnt reveal their identity.

Im posting this on here just to show that things can change, dont give up, arm yourself with up to date information and just keep going.

love and best wishes

Lorainexx

:o:o:o I think I need to go and lie down :lol:

Seriously BRILLIANT News you will certainly be in 'my' New Years honours list :clap:

Cat

Thats really brill new Lorry well done to you :thumbs:

......after what happened with the NAS you and your son so deserve some good stuff happening.

.........what sort of services are you looking at developing and will your son be part of these new services??

.......take care, best wishes suzex.

Thats fantastic newsand gives a boost to those of us still battling cos my god on times you feel like giving up!!!!

So good to hear this positive news from you at last, Loraine- I remember your long battles.

Tell us more when you can, and good luck with it! :thumbs:

K x

Great news- well done for sticking to your guns!

I hope this has massive benefits for you and your son, its the least you deserve.

Take care,

Esther x

That sounds fantastic!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

I hope that all of this actually helps you and your son.

Keep at it and that way if it all works I won't have to fight 'em in 12yrs time for adult services! Cos my current battle for children's services is horrendous.