ScienceGeek

Guilty Pleasures - Music

The Power of Love - Jennifer Rush

You Are the Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler (?)

Two Little Boys - Rolf Harris

Aled Jones & Terry Wogan's version of Little Drummer Boy

:ph34r:

Thanks SG - confession is good for the soul :lol:

the chirpy chirpy cheep cheep song.............loved it as a kid and I could do the dance too.........don,t know who sang it though.

..........and leader of the pack by the shangrila s........all that teenage angst :crying:

As a small child I had a complicated relationship with Two Little Boys and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep - I liked them but I found them just a bit disturbing... all that crying and dying and mother being gone!

janine

the chirpy chirpy cheep cheep song.............loved it as a kid and I could do the dance too.........don,t know who sang it though.

..........and leader of the pack by the shangrila s........all that teenage angst :crying:

I think 'chirpy chirpy cheep cheep' was by 'Middle of the Road' (?)

My guilty music pleasures are probably all those strange punk things that were neither fish nor fowl - so think 'Flying Lizards' (In... My White... Convertavertavertavertavertable) and the Rah Band with 'The Crunch'... I was really dissapointed when I found out Klark Kent was really Andy Sumner from the police (although my green vinyl version of 'Don't Care' is probably worth more for that very reason - anyway, I bought it for 'Office Girls' on the B-side, because i thought his use of the typewriter was very reminiscent of Saties 'Music in the form of a pear')... and then of course there was the mighty DEVO, whose 'Girl U Want' recently got used on a series of ads for what was possibly channel 4's biggest commisioning error to date :lol:

ooer missus - I can see I'm gonna be visiting Youtube again later! Ho hum!

:D

You Are the Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler (?)

Two Little Boys - Rolf Harris

:ph34r:

I love these two too, especially two little boys :lol::wub:

I also like lots of country and western, but my music does vary from dance music to country and western and some rock, strange eh :rolleyes:

it would probably have to be - journey dont stop believing, i just love it and i have to sing it to cam most nights at bed time! he loves it too!

it would probably have to be - journey dont stop believing, i just love it and i have to sing it to cam most nights at bed time! he loves it too!

This just came on the radio when I was riding in my mates car the other day. I could not believe how loud I was singing and I knew every word. SCARY!

Oh Sciencegeek,

Just had to say OJ has a cd of John Barrowman and the one track he plays over and over and over...........again is his version of Time After Time!!!

Stella xx

Erm....I confess to lovin' Take me home country roads' y John Denver, and 'Bridge over Troubled Waters' by Simon and Garfunkel....

Ooooooooo,the shame!!! :ph34r:

Hello,

This could be fun, I sing in a band sometimes backing and sometimes lead or harmony. This song we are singing at the moment and it makes the kids go crazy but we have a lot of fun performing it too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR5xv3pt7KI...feature=related

I practiced this song for about six months to get it right and was cI completely devastated when I was playing it in the car and my mum could sing it better..... here I was thinking she never heard it until I realised she has the cd too lol we have very similar music interests.

This too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOR_jq9M53c we did a duo to this the other day my boyfriend thought sound like Mariah, so then he made us sing this too which is his favourite, but it gave him tears sadly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzeMzo_4pxA

Its taken me years but I am getting the soul into my voice with a great deal of pain and suffering, it is so much fun too.

Mia

Erm....I confess to lovin' Take me home country roads' by John Denver, and 'Bridge over Troubled Waters' by Simon and Garfunkel....

Ooooooooo,the shame!!! :ph34r:

I like a few of John Denver's songs a lot too. My fave is Leaving On a Jet Plane, but not so much the version that appears on the Definitive All Time Greatest album, as it's a bit quicker and has more percussion 'in the mix'! TMHCR is my 2nd fave though...he's one of the few artists my parents had on tape that I can still listen to now...KRaftwerk also spring to mind...well, Autobahn anyway, as opposed to The Model!

Anyone do last.fm? I have a few "embarrassing ones" in my history perhaps...I don't think embedding (my chart) here will work, but my username is hhoobb if anyone goes that way!

Music really works for me :whistle: