mossgrove

We did it!!!!!!!

Just heard that the special needs asessment panel have agreed that our son (7, Aspergers) is no longer able to cope in mainstream and he has been allocated a place at a special school from September this year.

I feel a bit ovewhelmed and emotional at the moment , it's been a long struggle to get him there. It's at times like this you realise how much it all matters. I'm hugely relived they are not sending him back to his mainstream school where he has been so unhappy.

I think we might just have a very large ones of these tonight! :wine::drunk::cheers:

Huge thanks to everyone here for your support and best wishes!

B)B)

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

YES a result at last B)

Enjoy your success and I might even hit the :wine: myself and join you in your celebrations.

Carole

Congratulations, that's wonderful news!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

:groupwave::groupwave:

Enjoy the :wine: you deserve every sip.

I will probably be raising my glass to you and yours.

Elefan is right, it's just sooooooooo nice to hear good news.

Nellie xx

Maybe I should forget the wine, it's taken three attempts to post this and that's me sober!!! It's probably the excitement of hearing your good news. ;)

Simon >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

That is just the best news!!

I'm so pleased for all of you...'things can only get better' :dance:

Well done >:D<<'>

Bidx

Hi Simon,

Fantastic news!!!!!

It is really uplifting to hear of a correct decision being made.

Looke forward to a happy summer now!

Best wishes

HelenL

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Hiya Simon,

Was wondering how you'd got on! ;)

This is really good news :D:P:D Is the new school far away? Hope he will settle in o.k, it will be scary for him and may need to visit a few times before he starts, but hey in the long run, this will be so much better for him.

CONGRATULATIONS and hope your not suffering too much from the celebrations! :wacko:

Take Care

Rachx

Hi Simon,

It's taking me a while to catch up here but ...

brilliant news :dance::thumbs: The kind of news which inspires the rest of us to keep going.

Here's to September! :cheers:

K

Thanks for all your wonderful replies. This message bard is a very special place.

Attention now turns to preparing our 7 year old for his new school and getting a placement for our 5 year old.

After discussions with the special school they do not recommend taking him to see his new school him until near the end of this term as he will find it hard to understand why he has to go back to his old school in the meantime. We will be spending a morning there on the 6th of May to go through everything. We have reduced him to 4 days a week at his current school to give him more recovery time as there seems little to be gained by sending him into an anvioronment where he is so unhappy for 5 days a week, especially as we now know he will be moving on at the end of term.

As of yesterday we have had to stop sending our 5 year old (ASD) to school at all as it was becoming impossible to get him to go without undue coercion, and the price of this in terms of damaging our relationship with him and the all-round deterioration in his behaviour outweighs the benefits. He had being doing 2 hours a day with 1:1 support, but he simply cannot cope with a class with 30+ children in it, and becpmes extremely distressd when other children (Quite innocently) talk to him and ask him to join in their games. To be fair to the LEA they seem to have accepted that he cannot continue in mainstream and have bought forward his assessment panel to next month, so we are cautiously optimistic, despite the fact that his current school have failed to acknowledge he has any problems at all.

This has turned into a ramble, when all I meant to say was thanks!

Simon

If your still active on the forum would be nice to have an update on progress, I've read through the thread just wondering how things have been over the years all well I hope.