Tally

I have survived!

I have survived the busy run up to Christmas, and I don't have to go back to work until SATURDAY!!! This is the first time I have ever had more than two days off over Christmas. I am so worn out I am so relieved that I have four nights off now.

There were customers queuing outside the door for an hour before we opened! By the time I got out the shop had been open 15 minutes and the car park was full. It was absolutely crazy, I am so relieved I do not have to be in there during the day.

Now I am going to go out and buy my Christmas present, the one my parents are getting me: a laptop :)

Well, I am going to order it, I don't think I will actually be able to bring it home today. I have to book in a man to come round and set it up, get it working on the internet, install my printer, etc. I hope eventually to get the hang of using other internet connections when I am away.

Have a lovely break Tally - you deserve it :thumbs:

When I worked nights in a supermarket, it used to amaze me how people behaved at Christmas. One night I went to get some crisps from the warehouse (the ones in the tube), and I didn't even get as far as the shelf with the trolley before people were literally pushing me out of the way to get to them. I left tham to it and when I came back a few minutes later, there was just a mass of cardboard and broken crisp tubes in a heap on the floor :wacko:

Oh, it's good to know the Christmas spirit is alive and well :lol:

Enjoy your laptop - what a fab pressie :thumbs:

I have seen many a fight over the last turkey. I reckon that if you leave it until 4pm on Christmas Eve, you don't really deserve one anyway.

I cunningly did my big CXhristmas shop last night at 2430!

The supermarket was almost empty, and I got everything I needed apart from a few perishables that either weren't restocked or the use-by date was too soon.

I'm sending Mr B out to face the crush today to get those things! :devil:

Boho :smug:

Edited by bid

I have ordered my computer. They are going to get it ready and then ring me after Christmas to arrange a time to deliver and set it up. They don't re-open until 12th January, so it looks like I may be in for a long wait. It will be worth it though.

Today is the busiest day of the year in the supermarket, so last night was very hard work and we had enormous deliveries. The Store Manager is really pushing for us to take a million in the week before Christmas, I think he must be in line for a big bonus if we manage it. On 18th, 19th and 20th, we took around �150,000 per day, so after only 3 days we were already on target. Having seen queues at the door for two days running, I am confident we will take a million by the end of tomorrow.

Went into town early to avoid rush but it all seemed quiet at 9am at the supermarket but car park was full when we came out. Then my dear other half decided she just had to go into town proper for one last thing, expecting the worst only to find more space in town car park then I can ever remember and this was at about 10 am.

Then we just had to stop in village -- to get just one more thing -- (My and son this time) on way home only to find it was stuffed full with no parking anywhere, well knowing the place I found somewhere.

Well that's it now I'm staying put until saturday now. If it not got now it ant being got. :cheers::eat::dance: ( :sick: )

Edited by chris54

When I ordered my computer they said they would not be able to deliver and set it up until they came back from their Christmas break on 12th January. I was disappointed it would take so long, but decided it was worth the wait. Well, they just rung and asked if they could come at HALF PAST THREE!!! I will have my new computer in ONE HOUR!!! I am well excited now :)

My mum says I have to bring it to her house at Christmas so she can wrap it up. I am going to act surprised when I open it :lol:

I disgraced myself in the supermarket car park this morning I'm ashamed to say. :ph34r:

After drived round and round I saw a van pulling out and nipped into it's spot. What I didn't realised was that there was someone on the other side waiting for the space. But I stayed put. :ph34r: :ph34r:

She was not happy.

why do people go so mental at supermarkets at xmas?? I dont get it. The same number of people are being fed and the shops are only shut 2 days at most. People seem to stock up like its the end of the world!!!!!

Yeah sure some people cook for loads at xmas, but the fact those being cooked for wont need so much food to buy themselves should even it out.

I am writing this on my new computer :)I am waiting for Firefox to complete downloading, then I will be away!This flat-bed mouse thingy is going to take some getting used to, but I think it will be worth it.

Edited by Tally

I am writing this on my new computer :)I am waiting for Firefox to complete downloading, then I will be away!This flat-bed mouse thingy is going to take some getting used to, but I think it will be worth it.

You can always get an external (ordinary) mouse and plug it into the USB port; that is what I have on my laptop. Enjoy your Christmas present!

I'm so glad that Father Christmas managed to get on the early shift instead of leaving it until after he'd recovered from all of those mince pies and glasses of sherry. Sounds as if that news was as exciting as the present. Is it a Fisher-Price one and did it come with the batteries?

Enjoy!

Billabong

The new computer is still taking a little getting used to. It has music on it now, which is always a good thing. I can't work out how to alter the volume (or even switch the sound off altogether), but I will get there.

I would actually prefer to use the mouse pad than an external mouse, so I am persevering with it and it's getting easier. I am going to see if they can change some of the settings after their Christmas holiday, because I think that will help. It has the mouse buttons underneath the pad, but you can also left-click by tapping the pad. I wasnt that turned off because I keep accidentally clicking on things I don't want to click on. I'd also like to see if they can make it so that I can click and hold in stead of double-clicking, as this is something I have always found difficult, even on a normal mouse. I just can't make my finger move that fast.

I have to put it back in the box soon so my mum can wrap it up later.