bluefish

Panto

hi,

Thanks for all the replies about taking ds to panto.

We visited theatre yesterday and looked at our seats, Thank goodness we did as ds was very suprised they were brown not blue (his favorate colour) and we had to have very lengthy disscusions on brown being ok all last night.... we looked at the stage and I explained it would be noisy and it would be pretend.

Well.............. what can I say! We managed to stay for the full two hours( I think for any five year old thats good!) I loved every second and ds seemed to enjoy himself! He did announce in a rather loud, and very articulate voice about 20mins in that he needed a poo! not something the rest of the audiance needed to know but hey, He had his tourch (thanks for that advice) and his ear defenders which although he held tightly chose not to wear!!!!

He had an icecream at the interval and although did start counting th fire exits near the end he was amazing! :party:

When I asked him about it later and what he liked he said...... eating icecream sitting in a brown seat! :whistle:

I feel like a million dollars! It is a year since he was carried screaming from the christmas panto at Nursery where he head butted the floor untill they removed him.........

Ahh I am once again all tearfull!

Thanks everyone

A huge step today.....HUGE

I'm really pleased for you! I was waiting to see how this trip went and I must let it be a lesson to me 'cos I'm always overly cautious and pessimistic about likely outcomes.

:notworthy:

janine

---I must let it be a lesson to me 'cos I'm always overly cautious and pessimistic about likely outcomes.

I'm a bit like that (pessimistic) my self. So this has given my inspiration.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Well done both of you :thumbs:

This is the first year in years (? :wacko: ) that we've not gone to the panto, but generally we both love it. Ben was about five the first time too and while 90% of it went over his head the 10% was enough to keep him interested. He had a friend who just watched the lighting rig moving around, but that kept him happy for the full two hours!

L&P

BD :)