Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Need advice

I don't know what to do next really. My moods have been very low, tired all the time, attention span of 0 (even on my obsessions!), anxiety through the roof. GP didn't really have any helpful suggestions other than referring me to the website no more panic. I don't have the energy to deal with this and get everything done for uni. What should I do next? :unsure:

its a depressing time of year. the weathers c.r.a.p. christmas is long gone, did you say you've got uni work to worry about again as well.

i dont know, i guess you just need to cheer up. i know thats easier said than done and i dont mean to make it sound trivial but maybe you just need to try and find time to do something that makes you happy. i dont know what makes you happy. most things that cheer me up are outdoor summer weather things :huh:

If you feel the GP has not listened or understood you need to see another GP and now, I would ring the surgery and express how bad you feel.

JsMum

I don't know what to do next really. My moods have been very low, tired all the time, attention span of 0 (even on my obsessions!), anxiety through the roof. GP didn't really have any helpful suggestions other than referring me to the website no more panic. I don't have the energy to deal with this and get everything done for uni. What should I do next? :unsure:

Are you a member to a local Autistic support group. If you are, I'd pick up the phone and have a natter to them. The weather also at this time of year can also make you feel down.

I agree with jsmum, get back to see another gp...also try this....

Write.... You may have uni work to do but either with pen and paper or on the computer....personally i use the computer as typing doesn't hurt my hand as much...just write...types about you about the world about how you feel, if you feel nothing then type...i feel nothing...then as you start just let it keep going whatever you think type/write it......

It may not work, but it's something I have been doing whilst i am supposed to be working as i get bored at work if its not really busy...one day it will make a great novel !!!!

You don't know until you try.... :D