Sign in to follow this  
martyn

Will It ever End

We have a 17 year old daughter who over the last year'. has been presenting with worrying behavior. She as told ourselves in volatile sexual narratives. That she wants no support, no help in any shape or form. From this period of time on wards. When things are at the worst she screams, smashes plates, mugs and cups. Chairs get thrown across the room. Whats the most worrying thing for me. Hannah will incorporate what I would call emotional blackmail in to this. For example she will threaten to thump walls if she doesn't get her own way. And yes she as carried those threats out on three or four occasions . Ending up with swollen and blackened knuckles. We have seen our GP and I can't repeat what he had to say.

We have to go in to Hannah's college next week. Hannah has become fretful extremely upset, over the last couple months she skipped quite a few days off college. She says that her lecturer makes her feel like a vegetable and its becoming unbearable.

After gaining a insight into whats going on. For me the lecturers are doing nothing wrong. What appears to clouding Hannah's judgment is empathy. It didn't play a big part in her life this time last year. But now its causing all kinds of grief, why?.

One last thing, I think Hannah is a neuro typical - Asper. I sometimes worry myself sick thinking about whats going to happen to her when she realizes she can cope as a neuro typical.

Thank You

Martyn

We have a 17 year old daughter who over the last year'. has been presenting with worrying behavior. She as told ourselves in volatile sexual narratives. That she wants no support, no help in any shape or form. From this period of time on wards. When things are at the worst she screams, smashes plates, mugs and cups. Chairs get thrown across the room. Whats the most worrying thing for me. Hannah will incorporate what I would call emotional blackmail in to this. For example she will threaten to thump walls if she doesn't get her own way. And yes she as carried those threats out on three or four occasions . Ending up with swollen and blackened knuckles. We have seen our GP and I can't repeat what he had to say.

We have to go in to Hannah's college next week. Hannah has become fretful extremely upset, over the last couple months she skipped quite a few days off college. She says that her lecturer makes her feel like a vegetable and its becoming unbearable.

After gaining a insight into whats going on. For me the lecturers are doing nothing wrong. What appears to clouding Hannah's judgment is empathy. It didn't play a big part in her life this time last year. But now its causing all kinds of grief, why?.

One last thing, I think Hannah is a neuro typical - Asper. I sometimes worry myself sick thinking about whats going to happen to her when she realizes she can cope as a neuro typical.

Thank You

Martyn

Sorry the latter part of the message should have read. Cannot cope as a neuro typical.

Hello Martyn

I wish there was something useful I could say - I'm sure there will be many others here who will be able to advise, but I didn't want to just 'read and run'

Sending you some of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi,

It sounds awful and I know living with a teenager is difficult at the best of times, I hace one DD AS 14 only got dx last summer and things are impossible for her, but she doesn't really have any NT traits...well not according to an online test she sat and done with us. I have also done this test as I can see alot of me in her and the more I learn about AS the more I can relate to why I am the way I am in some cases, I scored 120 out of 200 in favour of Aspie, so I am kinda half and half and I now know why I find some situations impossible and frustrating, my husband, other daughter and mother have all taken the test and came out NT my brother scored slightly higher than me...I think there are alot of people who have AS traits and never realise, it very much depends which ones I guess.

I have been sent a great book by one of my DD Dr's ...its called... Pretending to be normal, your daughter might find it useful to read, I am learning more about myself reading this than about my daughter's struggles as the author is some one who has struggled through life not realising she has AS until her daughter was diagnosed.

This may or may not help, but remember your not alone on the roller coaster...i hate the ride and wanted to get off of it, but I can't, all i can hope is it changes from a roller coaster to a merry go round one day :)