Siadwell

For Any Parent That Had At Least One Child Under 16, At Home Between 2001 and 2003

There is a non-means tested tax reliefy thing that should have been paid out to all parents that had at least one child in the home aged under 16 between 2001 and 2003, but generally wasn't unless it was specifically claimed for.

You can claim for back payment but you MUST do this BEFORE January 31st!

There was an article about it in the Daily Mail yesterday Daily Mail

i handed mine into the local tax office,thanks for the tip,i wouldnt have known about it otherwise!!

Thank you Siadwell, although according to the Gov website you can no longer claim for tax year 2001/02, just for 2002/03 although it could be me getting muddled as usual! Will fill form in anyway.

My hubby rang up to enquire about his application and was told it hadn't arrived in their office yet, even though he'd sent it over a month ago and that they were still dealing with incoming applications to their office from December. They said if we're entitled to it we will get it, but it will take a considerable while to process everyones' applications.

~ Mel ~