something_different

Anyone seen any good offers on laptops?

i have found 2 i like so far

toshiba

acer

i have found 2 i like so far

toshiba

acer

Hi. Just a word of warning about the Toshiba. We got one in October, and it crashed within 2 weeks, so we got a replacement. That one lasted 6 weeks before it had to go back for repair with exactly the same fault. Of course, it may just be that we were unlucky and it's been fine since we got it back (although it's only been a couple of weeks).

I am told by my brother whose company uses Acer computers that they are very reliable :thumbs:

Laptops with 17" screens are great if you will use the mainly at home as they fold down well, but you may well find them a bit of a pain if you have to take them into work/college every day. What are you looking to buy one for?

Simon

just for home use, do not need a laptop at work :) thats why i choose to go for bigger screen

I got mine from a local shop. I think they are much better than getting from a chain store. They open them all up and re-install Windows from scratch so that you don't get all these free trials sending up windows asking for your money. They also set up my virus scanner so it doesn't slow down the computer too much - you wouldn't even know it was there! If you can do all this yourself, then it doesn't really matter of course.

There are sometimes some laptops at good prices in the supermarket where Every Little Helps.

yes tally thats where i saw the toshiba one at first, in that supermarket. lol i just not good at making decisions! hmmm

I got my husband a free Dell laptop when I signed him up for a mobile contract. He has had it for almost a year and still running great. It wasn't too bad. We got a 12 month contract for �30.00 a month. Got a brand new phone and 200 minutes and texts. I know it was a little overpriced on the amount of minutes but only by �10 per month, which makes it that I got the laptop fora mere �120! I thought it was a pretty good deal.