BuntyB

Buying a coat!

I haven't been able to get Lucy to wear a coat all Winter! She doesn't like new clothes and told me last year's winnter coat was fine, however, when the weather got colder and I tried to get her to wear it, she decided it was too small.

She keeps insisting she is too hot. I've had similar issues with Tom, either wearing big coats in summer and next to nothing in winter so not really all that surprised, but it does worry me if people see her arrive at school in below freezing in just her school jumper!

I've tried looking at what the problem might be. She says she feels 'stuffed' if she wears one. I sort of know what she means- she has broad shoulders like me and I don't like tight coats. I'm sick of bringing back all sorts of coats, jackets, gilets etc just for her to refuse to try them on because they aren't right. I'm less bothered about whether she actually wears it; I'd just like to be seen to have provided her with one!!

What about a poncho? My dd wears one in the car as her coat is too chunky to get her car seat belts over.

I saw a fake sheepskin one in gap this autumn, probably gone now but might be worth trawling ebay for one.

A x

I'd just make sure she has plenty of layers on, & ignore any criticism. Lots of layers & something like a kagoul for wet days can be just as effective.

reece is the same sweats all summer cos once hes put his scool jumper on in the morning he wont remove it at scool boohoo

and runs around most of the time at home with nothing on no matter how cold it is!!!!!

we took him 2 every shop between us and my mum for a new coat wudnt wear any of them....... but luckily my mum found one in her catalogue a nice padded one and he loves it.......... calls it his duvet lol

but i wudnt worry too much as long as shes warm enough ive given up worrying wat people think goodluck

love donnaxxxxx

reece is the same sweats all summer cos once hes put his scool jumper on in the morning he wont remove it at scool boohoo

and runs around most of the time at home with nothing on no matter how cold it is!!!!!

we took him 2 every shop between us and my mum for a new coat wudnt wear any of them....... but luckily my mum found one in her catalogue a nice padded one and he loves it.......... calls it his duvet lol

but i wudnt worry too much as long as shes warm enough ive given up worrying wat people think goodluck

love donnaxxxxx

Hi my daughter is the same wears pyjamas in summer then nighties in the winter, will come out in flowery skirts and little flimsy shoes with no coat on in the middle of winter, i always take coat and boots with me as after about 5mins she decides she is freezing cold, i have started doing this as she is so defiant with what she wears i just take something to change into when she finally realises what i was saying was true, but she will do exact same thing the day after........and the mixture of clothes makes me laugh, everyone looks at her in middle of winter with a thin blouse on saying she is warm, she is only waif thin as well, little so and so, Sharon x

bless them! i think it is a common thing, my triki will wear summer clothes in winter and winter clothes in summer lol! my brother used to do it too!

why not get her a zipper?

u know the same material as a jumper but with a zip, so that maybe she would wear that over her jumper if it was really cold??

It might be worth checking with her school. At our school we do not allow children out without a coat on if it is very cold.

One of our children with AS did not bring a coat in one day and was very upset when he could not go out to play. He has always brought a coat in since (or maybe you could get the school to make an exception for her).