Sign in to follow this  
farfalla

Home Ed - still waiting

Wel thought i would vent my frustration on here, i always found it helps :(

I wrote on 6th Jan we were home educating DS..............

I have heard NOTHING!

So i rang the Lea today, and she told me about his statementing process,

even though surrey had got the green light to go ahead with the stat assessment,

we now have to re apply!!

This is going to panel on 12th FEB!

|They werent sure how up to date the paperwork from Surrey was, and needed to look into this..... :wallbash:

at which point i told them we were told around the begining of december that green for go on assessment,

so thats how up to date it is!! :whistle:

My officer (who i dont care for much, already!!), said we dont know your son here, so we would have to start again,

i raised my voice then, and said this has been going on for 18months!

so does he have to suffer another 18 months

before he gets from education what he should of had in the beginging!!!!!!!! :wacko:

(and by then he would be nearly leaving school)

Then she told me that it was LAW that DS had to be school educated, at which i replied............. ITS LAW HE HAS EDUCATION

EVEN IF ITS SCHOOL OR HOME BASED!!

:blink:

After a few mumbles and oh er ermmm...... she said i will get in contact with the home schooling officer to come and visit, and dicuss what he will

need to be doing..... :oops: (i dont know what things he is on...... i am no teacher).

after her apologising for DS not having education now for 9 weeks! he may get some soon....... not that he is moaning!! :wub:

i then rang surrey to see that my case officer had sent all the paperwork to plymouth, which they said they had,

and i should ask plymouth

for paper copies of ALL of it for me to keep!

this is due to plymouth also saying that they didnt know if they had all the information they needed!!!!!! :angry:

tomorrow i start my new job,

tonight i will be mainly drinking WINE!! :drunk:

Statements only apply in state schools. Some LAs retain statements of kids who are HE or go to independent schools. Others do not.

I think you'll find that LAs have to maintain the statement and review it annually, even if the child is being home educated. Parents do not have to make the provision in the statement, because it applies to a school education, and parents should be providing their child with a suitable education anyway. Parents do not have to attend the review meeting. More info on the education otherwise website http://www.education-otherwise.org.uk/Lega...amp;Wls.htm#SEN

Sue

I think you'll find that LAs have to maintain the statement and review it annually, even if the child is being home educated. Parents do not have to make the provision in the statement, because it applies to a school education, and parents should be providing their child with a suitable education anyway. Parents do not have to attend the review meeting. More info on the education otherwise website http://www.education-otherwise.org.uk/Lega...amp;Wls.htm#SEN

Sue

As I right in assuming that if you home ed that there will be no funding or support?

I have heard of some LEAs pointing families in the direction of support and/or resources, and some schools even give parents the workbooks their children have been using in class, but generally once you deregister you're on your own and you get nothing.

Karen

x