Sign in to follow this  
Enid

3hrs a week support withdrawn

Hi all, as most of you know I have being begging/fighting for help from SS for over a year, I got 3 hrs a week from september, my son is picked up from school and comes home about 6.30, this meant that my other 2 littlies could have a friend to play, didnt have to have the door locked or just had some special time with Mum. my DS has been so well behaved at this session until last week when he walked out, said he wanted to come back home and refused to go back inside, they have now said as he put himself in danger, standing on the road, they cannot have him anymore, I said how come as soon as my son dispalys the very behaviour that I require repite from, you dont want him, they said health and safety!!! pathetic. On the plus side things have been very good at home with DS since last October!!!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs: Which is just as well cos I have been offered no support, other than the above. Enid

I am sure your gonna know already what I would say to you, It begins with a big C.

Complain, put it in a letter,

Also express how it has benefited your son and that there must be some kind of resources out there can provide this where it meets their health and safety.

I would also write an additional letter to your local MP and send a copy of the letter of complaint.

I had to fight to keep Js sessional worker, he even has it now, in the Holidays even though he is in Residential school.

So dont let them take this vital support away without a fight.

Contact A Family have some really good booklets on Social Services and the rights of those with special needs.

So do contact them too.

JsMum

I had another thought, what about getting the service who have said no on the grounds of health and safety to put it in writing and an incidents report, basically get them to put it all in writing.

It could also be useful evidence for further meetings/reviews.

JsMum

Yes enid it is hard work and Im sure they do it this way in hope that parents give up, complaints dont go down very easily though especially when its inspections ect... so you have to do it, its a constant battle, but if you dont do it the people who pay the price is the very people needing the service the most.

JsMum

Hi Enid,

Lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Haven't got the strength at moment to give you any thoughts or advice other than keep fighting the b******s cos what else can we do!!

Stella xxx

Have you done any C's yet, (A letter/s of complaint)

let me know how your getting on.

JsMum

:thumbs:

Edited by JsMum

Complaining is draining, but it's the only way to change things and eventually get what you are entitled to!

JsMum is right though - creating the paper trail is so important, as I am learning.

Good luck and keep fighting.

Nikki.