Mumble

It's Snowing!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:thumbs::partytime:Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!! :partytime::thumbs:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:groupwave: :groupwave:

The met office severe weather warning map is even coloured in RED for London - now that's something I've never seen before :o
Anyone else got snow? The sky's really orange here. Anyone else bouncing? :bounce: (not easy in snow you know!! :lol:)

Not in my bit of Hertfordshire it isn't. :crying:

I'm sure when I'm walking to work tomorrow there will be a blizzard though. The law of Sod. :rolleyes:

K x

Snowing here...and I'm working tonight :(

The school is in the depths of the countryside, down a windey lane :ph34r:

And no doubt we will be regaled with the tale of when it was so snowy back in the mists of time that the school was snowed in and staff were marooned :o

I'm packing clean knick-knocks and a toothbrush just in case!

Mmmm, can't remember who's on my team tonight and whether it's anyone I mind being snowed in with ;):lol:

Bid of the Antarctic :thumbs:

Snowing here...and I'm working tonight :(

Really???

Well it must be about to snow here then.

OH MY GOSH - Just peered outside, it's a complete whiteout, everything's covered! :o

K x

None here yet, Devon, we dont often get it but it is forcast tonight and last time we got it our town was cut off for 2 days, that was over 20 yrs ago, so I`m not going anywhere for a few days as would hate to get separated from the kids!! Enid

I'm packing clean knick-knocks and a toothbrush just in case!

Don't forget clean sox!! :lol:

OH MY GOSH - Just peered outside, it's a complete whiteout, everything's covered! :o

:clap: :clap: :clap: As long as the buses or trains are still running tomorrow I don't mind how much it snows :thumbs: (except it's freezing!!!!)

Oooohhh :blink: I just watched the local weather forecast - "severe, disruptive and potentially treacherous..." :unsure:

Edited because I realised I can't spell...

Edited by Mumble

Hey Mumble, those are OJ's boots!!!!

Getting them out ready for tomorrow (along with my very nice autumn leaves boots!!!)

It hasn't started here yet and OJ watched the weather and it said it would start at 6pm - oops, not an exact science then!! He's not happy but I have told him it will happen over night!!

I can't wait!!!

Stella xx

Hey Mumble, those are OJ's boots!!!!

I want them, but they don't do them in my size :(

It's really snowy here - and it must be cold because it's settled on the road outside which is pretty busy and normally clear. I'm hoping the buses or trains are still running :unsure:

Just a bit of fluff at the moment.

Ooohh, Oooh :bounce: :bounce: it's proper snowman building snow - lovely. Just been making a mini-man with the snow on my windowsill!! :lol: :lol: I think I shall be up early to go and play in the park before uni tomorrow!!

it just keeps on coming here.

I will be out playing tomorrow. If anyone is passing my way during daylight hours I will challenge you to a snow ball fight.

Do you think it is possible for the mods to set up a virtual one?!

So far just a dusting.............but I want more :thumbs:

We never seem to get much, but I am hoping and praying :pray:

My muck boots are at the ready by the front door :D

Clare x x x

It;s been raining here all day, but it is cold this evening, maybe it will snow overnight. I doubt it though, as it never seems to snow here.

Well, here I am, not officially snowed in at work but because the roads are attrocious, there's heavy snow due this arvo and I'm working tonight, I've decided to be safe and stay here.

Off upstairs to catch some zzzzz

Pingu :D

We woke up to even more snow than yesterday. It is still falling from the sky. I took my son for a wlk this morning. It is so nice to be the first to leave a mark. My son said could I hear the snow landing on the leaves as he could. I stopped and listened and he was right you could hear it. It was like a popping sound. I do not know if any of you ever experienced 'space dust' I think that is what it was called, it reminded me of that.

We are expecting blizzards this afternoon. :groupwave: wonderful! :groupwave:

I went to work wearing my black coat, and I could see the individual crystals as they landed on my arm. I can only remember that happening once before. I just wanted to stand & look at them.

Lots of snow here Uni shut today and Son can not get to school.in middle of nowhere, he isn't too fussed in fact not at all , so we made a snow person and will go for a wlk in it later when our feet thaw out

We woke to snow not a massive amount but enough to close the schools, it is snowing heavy now tho n has been for bout 2 hours. Had nightmare earlier as had to walk the dog n my lad had to come n he didnt want to put clothes on n wanted to go out in just his pjs!!!!!!!!

Have had a huge fall over night and have at least 12 inches......so beautiful !

DS and I have been out most of the morning in our ski wear building the biggest snowman ever .

Thawing out now over steaming bowls of soup.

Clare x x x

Hi.Just a bit of snow here.The most in London for twenty years.No school for the boys today.No buses or tubes.OH braved the cold to venture to work and will probably be one of the few people there .He lives near enough to walk.

I can here my mums voice from the grave.....''When I was young we walked to school three miles through snow drifts and were thankful....you Southern softies.A bit of snow and everything stops''. :lol::lol:

It's snowed here yesterday evening and on and off today (so didn't risk going to work - it was a selfless act :whistle:). Went to buy a newspaper, came back and I looked like Scott of Antarctic :o

We've got LOADS of snow in London :D - I live on the top of a hill and it's all blown up here - a good foot and a half in the local park - wonderful. I was out playing at 7am this morning making tracks in fresh snow, angels, making my own snow falls - and it's just the right type of snow too - soft and not wet but still sticks together easily. It was so so quiet, it was absolutely peaceful. I think I might move somewhere where it's like this for more of the year (but not the frozen North - no one is getting me up there!! :ph34r:).

There are no buses or trains running - I've never known this to happen and it's very very odd, but at the same time kind of nice. I took the rules on missed doctors appointments and 'you can't cancel within 24 hours' too literally and had a bit of a panic as it's 40 minutes on the bus and there were no buses - so I walked :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Two hours later I made it, just in time. "Now, you have been sensible and haven't been doing anything too strenuous, have you Mumble?" "Erm, no, not really, just a little walking..." :whistle: Whilst I was walking there were others out and suddenly instead of heads down and minding your own business people are stopping to talk and smiling at each other - really liked that. I even had some very random conversation with a very random man in a coffee shop where I'd stopped to defrost my toes - well my fault really, I did choose to sit at his table... :thumbs::lol: Not looking forward to tomorrow if this all freezes tonight though as the hill was slippery enough already today :unsure:

I have a few piccies of the snow (I've forgotten how to turn them around, so try not to get a sore neck bending your head!!):

Snowman

Snowman 2

More snowmen/women

(I could show you the huge snowman that's been built outside our halls and added to by various students going past, but some 'creative' students took the notion of it being a snow-'man' a little far and it is no longer appropriate for a family forum. :o:shame::lol:

Snowy tree

Snowy tree 2

Snowy Palm Tree!!! - poor thing was clearly traumatised!!

No post today

Anyone for a picnic? or maybe some music?

No trains today

I'm really loving the snow :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave: It's cheered me up a lot. I think the NHS should start offering snow holidays on prescription. :lol::thumbs:

Well, I'm still alive, just!

The canteen is closed, and there's a notice saying no hot food anyway...so I've had to phone a colleague and ask them to bring emergency rations! So hope they make it in this evening...or I might have to start gnawing the odd leg...

Please send Red Cross parcels to:

Boho Bid, c/o The Night Room, The Arctic Circle :ph34r: