Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Face-to-Face Crisis Support

Apologies if this is a bit upsetting for anyone - I do have mod permission to post this.

Does anyone know of any support services that provide non-appointment 24hr face-to-face crisis support/friendly ear/etc either as national organisations/charities or in the London area?

I'm going through a bit of a tough time for various reasons at the moment and I'd be a bit more comfortable if I could build up a bank of 'possibles' that I have the details of if and when I need them, rather than trying to find support when I'm not able to think so clearly.

My GP has been excellent and I'm seeing her daily at the moment both for the medical side and just generally for some support, but I could do with something more for the hours particularly outside of surgery time and weekends. I know that if things got really bad I could go to A&E but I'd like something in between if such a thing exists. My GP's given me the details of the Samaritans who have a walk in service (I can't do phones as part of my ASD which creates all sorts of additional difficulties) but this is only open 9am - 9pm. Is there anything similar outside of these hours?

I'd be grateful for any ideas - thanks.

What about you nearest MIND group i volunteered a few years ago and we used to run a drop in centre/coffee shop type thing thats during the day but some offices do run an out of hours service.

Well we are not face to face but there`s us on this forum, you are always there with the answers and support if needed, know this dosnt help much but just want to show support >:D<<'> :thumbs::thumbs: Enid