Sign in to follow this  
Moll

Having a horrid day

my son is very hyper today he wanted his tent up which i set up for him he then got inside and started jumping around the room despite being told I asked him to sit nicely while I made some important calls, he then took a tent pole and started to hit me knock pictures off the wall, smash up the room.

Needless to say the tent is now int the garage.

While I was on the phone to my husband to tell him the outcome of the calls he decided to smash up the kitchen which i can no longer lock as he has broken the lock, he is currently running form one end of the room to the other jumping on the sofa at one side and the table at the other. I've had to stop mid post to go and clean up the kitchen where he has poured milk everywhere. He also jumped on my back and stabbed me with his sisters hair slide.

His med have not worked today. He is 4 year old what happens when he is older and heaver?

I have a place on a managing challenging behaviour course (autism specific) but I have no childcare, my husband is not allowed the day off work and I can't ask my mam as she has no holidays left.

Days like today I just wish i could run away.

Edited by Moll

You've reminded me why I don't do phonecalls, or when I do go and sit in the car to do it. ;) Still wincing at all the keys being picked off my laptop. It was only 2 minutes.

No nursery to take him to whilst you go on your course? My mainstream children's school has one and you just book in as and when needed. More schools are getting funding for this kind of provision.

Does he go to nursery anyway?

Moll, I am sorry to hear your are having such an awful day, I hope your son burns out soon and settles back down.

Sending you some hugs ~ >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Well he had calmed down enough by 12.30 to take to nursery , I dropped him off was honest with his teacher and told her to call me if there was a problem. No call, walked into school they said he has been great his sister picked up his model to put in her bag to take home, same as every day and he turned on her saying she had broken it.

A full melt down followed with bitting head butting attacking his sister I had him in a body lock assuring him it could be fixed (it wasn't broken) teacher brought him a replacement paper for it, we eventual stopped the violence but not the screaming, he then ran out of the door and into the yard I found him under a bench took him by the hand and lead him to the car he fought dropped to his knees twisted my wrist I ended up carrying him in a full body lock.

Move his sisters car seat to the front so he could not attack her he then released himself and climbed over the back of the seat battering her so she quickly climbed into the back. I strapped them both in and drove home with his screaming and kicking the radio (not ideal) luckily my husband was home to get him out. He is very stressed.

I'm definitely doing the course, a local child minder has agreed to have him as a one off she has special need experience and if she cannot have him then one of the mothers at the school will, luckily she knows him well and we have been to the park together. If all else fails I'll lock him in the dog cage (joking but tempted)

I hope it gives you some new strategies to try out, sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. I hope you both have a much nicer day tomorrow, Moll.

Esther x