Sign in to follow this  
Blp

Hello

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and already feel, after reading lots and lots of information, that you provide so much help and support it's wonderfull!

A quick note about my circumstances - I'm a mum of 3, a new baby daughter 5mths old, an 8yr old daughter with no problems at all and a 12yr old son who has Asperers. My son has had 'learning difficulties' since he was 4yrs old and was then diagnosed with 'moderate to severe expressive and receptive language delays'. He struggled in mainstream school until he was 7 then was assessed and statemented after being accused of not supporting him at home by the teachers in the school!!

He now attends a learning resource base within a mainstream comprehensive school and has settled in better than I thought. He has many difficulties which cause problems with his day-to-day life but 2 things are foremost at the moment. He cannot relax to go to sleep at night but when he eventually drops off he sleeps all night. We are also having difficulties with him and my partner (who is not his dad) he just ignores him at times and laughs at him when he asks him to do something!

We are under the care of CAHMS which I personally find a waste of time and have recently joined a local support gruop for parents of children with Autism which Ihope is going to be beneficial.

I could go on and on but won't, just struggling emotionally at present and need some counselling for my son, daughter and myself and partner to cope.

Hi Blp,

Welcome to the forum. :)

I have no experience of stepfamily relationships but from what others say it's often a point of tension. Hopefully someone will be along with some advice.

K x

Hi Blp,

Welcome to the forum. You will find many helpful, supportive and sometimes mad people :lol: here. It is brilliant!

Welcome to the forum :)

Relaxing into sleep: my DS had dreadful problems getting to sleep when he was a youngster. I went to our local hippy dippy shop and bought a CD of relaxing tinkley/nature sounds music which seemed to work quite well. As he got older, he replaced this with his own taste in music (Lord of the Rings soundtrack for ages I seem to remember).

As an adult he now lives a strange twilight existence: up most of the night, asleep most of the day, then working a late shift :rolleyes:

Bid :)

Edited by bid

Welcome to the forum :)

Relaxing into sleep: my DS had dreadful problems getting to sleep when he was a youngster. I went to our local hippy dippy shop and bought a CD of relaxing tinkley/nature sounds music which seemed to work quite well. As he got older, he replaced this with his own taste in music (Lord of the Rings soundtrack for ages I seem to remember).

As an adult he now lives a strange twilight existence: up most of the night, asleep most of the day, then working a late shift :rolleyes:

Bid :)

Thanks Bid

I will try to get a DVD like that to try. I have tried using lavender essential oil on some tissue in the bedroom which does work for a few nights then he gets immune to it!! He is a real nightmare the following morning if he doesn't get enough sleep. :crying: