warrenpenalver

I think i have a job!!!

I went for an interview for Security Officer at the Potteries Centre in Hanley, Stoke yesterday and today ive been told ive got the job!!! I just need to wait for the formal offer to come from the security companys head office!!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

So if you go shopping there dont nick anything or you have me to deal with! :robbie: :robbie: Oh and everyone must park correctly in the parking bays!!!

Congratulations :thumbs: But are you sure it wasn't Pottery Officer in the security centre? That's just guarding the cups and saucers between brews and it gets a bit boring!

:D

WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell I'm pleased? :thumbs:

You'll be great. Very best of luck.

Edited by pearl

Thanks everyone!! :thumbs:

That's just guarding the cups and saucers between brews and it gets a bit boring!

Hey for �15k pa i wouldnt mind guarding the cups and saucers!! still being unemployed 7 months has got me used to living frugally on �7k pa compared to the �44k pa id been used to in navy:wacko:

The good news is i will be able to afford to renew car insurance in april so i can be on the road properly before the summer :thumbs:

I went for an interview for Security Officer at the Potteries Centre in Hanley, Stoke yesterday and today ive been told ive got the job!!! I just need to wait for the formal offer to come from the security companys head office!!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

So if you go shopping there dont nick anything or you have me to deal with! :robbie: :robbie: Oh and everyone must park correctly in the parking bays!!!

Congratulations , Warren.

Jannih

yeah that other job was right dodgy!!!

In this job i get to chase down drug addicts and thieves which will work well for my fitness. I can also sneak around hiding behind pilars to try and catch car thieves and shoplifters in the act. Plus i have to go do some advanced first aid and a defibrillator course so i can zap people as the shopping centre security are "first responders" for the whole of the town centre.

:thumbs: well done and good luck i hope you enjoy your new job

take care

theresa xx :clap:

Plus i have to go do some advanced first aid and a defibrillator course so i can zap people as the shopping centre security are "first responders" for the whole of the town centre.

Cool. Don't forget to shout "CLEAR"! :thumbs:

Very well done on getting the job, hope you enjoy it. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Good news Warren - I hope it works out for...and maybe you'll get to zap the occasional bad guy :devil:

Yay!! How cool!!

We'd better not mess with you now, if you're a' gonna be the law round these here parts!

That's awesome, I'm so pleased for you.

Do you get a cool uniform and a walkie talkie??? What about a nightstick??

A badge????

:police:

Warren, the superfly security guy.........

Has a good ring to it! Hope you enjoy it!

Esther x

the uniform is rubbish compared to my old military one. No kevlar or night sticks but i have a nice 200lumen surefire tactical torch that has special "dig between ribs" grooves on the end so i can prod people in ribs :lol:

I do get a walkie talkie but if i can get away with it i will modify it to use an earpiece. I have to wear my SIA license badge all the time so i guess i do have a badge :lol:

Fantastic news.

Congratulations!

:groupwave:

It is such a wonderful feeling when you get that call that says the job is yours.

Ooooh...good luck!

Hope you're 'spit and polishing' those boots! ;)

Do you use the back of a hot spoon?

Boho x

Edited by bid

Hope you're 'spit and polishing' those boots! ;)

Do you use the back of a hot spoon?

I dont use the back of a hot spoon!! You only really need a spoon if they are already polished and youve scuffed them, then you use the spoon to smooth the polish.

Well just finished my shoes for work. They rung me to ask if i had any steel toe capped boots, which i do from the navy, but they hadnt been used for over a year and had big craters in the leather from kicking into things on the submarine while crawling under the casing. I used my modern "hot spoon" which is a heat gun I have for some of my projects.

This is the result: Shiney Shoes

I think they should be ok for a little while. Its still going to take a couple of weeks to build up enough polish to totally hide the dents!!

lots of boring health and safety briefs today and i could easily manage the place better than the current people!! Not quite military efficiency!! (and the military arent that efficient!!).

But the works easy and once ive finished training i pretty much work alone on patrols which suits me fine!!

Should do me fine until i go to University in September. Also �1k a month after tax is very welcome indeed and timing is good!!! I work 5 days in 7 so i may be able to keep the job when at uni.