Alexandra

proposed statement needs amendment

After a lot of fighting M has finally got a statement, most of it is ok

but some of it is a bit woolly and needs to be more specific.

Is there a standard letter format we can use or if not how do we word what we want

Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance

After a lot of fighting M has finally got a statement, most of it is ok

but some of it is a bit woolly and needs to be more specific.

Is there a standard letter format we can use or if not how do we word what we want

Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance

Not sure if you're board work the same as mine but when my sons arrived some very important bits needed amended, the school called them on my behalf and it was amended immediately, you could try calling them yourself!

Hi.This link may give you the information you need.

http://www.ipsea.org.uk/sevenfixes.htm#AskingforMeeting

I think it is worth writing yourself so that you have an opurtunity to present your views even if school are helpful.If you write as per in the link asking for a meeting you can then take some time to think about the points you wish to make.Take some written notes to the meeting regarding what you would like tightening up and take somone along for moral support if you can.Parent partnership may be able to advise you although some are more helpful than others.Karen.

Thanks for your answers. I rang parent partnership the lady was very

helpful, as we got the statement a week after it was dated because of no post (snow)

she said we could ask for an exstension she also said to ask for a copy of the statement and appendases

to be sent to her so she can read through them, when she's done that she'll get back to us.

thanks for your help, links and suggestions x

Is the Statement a DRAFT statement, if so you get a peice of paper to sign if you agree with the statement, if you dont then you do not sign and another Draft is written called Number 2, and so on until you DO AGREE, it took 5 Drafts for Js to be finally agreed.

Be careful of the Time allowances too, because if you dont agree and you need to go to tribunal you dont want to miss the opportunity to take this far.

When you go as far as tribunal your in APPEALS stage.

But it sounds like your in the early process of Drafting a Statement.

When your in agreement with the spercific and the specifies then after you sign the form it is called FINAL Statement, even if its the 99th Draft.

Good Luck with the amendments.

JsMum

Often the LA will send a letter with the proposed Statement saying "if we do not hear from you within x days, we will go ahead and finalise the Statement" so make sure you tell them (in writing) that you wish to discuss amendments.

I just highlighted the bits that needed amending in pink highlighter and wrote in a letter what I thought those bits should say (including reference to the reports that backed it up). I got all (bar one minor) amendment.

The LEA are supposed to send you a copy of the appendices as from these reports the statement has been produced.

So if you look though your statement and check the appendices,. If there is information missing which is contained in the appendices, than you have a good chance of getting the information put on the statement. You do have to state what report it has come from and how you want it worded in the statement.

However, if there are other things you want added but the information is not in the appendices than you are not likely to get this added to the statement.

Good luck