Sign in to follow this  
kay74

You can do it!

Hi,

Haven't posted on here for a long time, but found it so useful and lots of people really helpful when we were going to tribunal for our twin girls.

They are non verbal and to cut a long story short we were not happy with the amount of speech and language therapy received in their statements from the LEA and ended up going all the way to tribunal over just that point, annoyingly probably costing the LEA more in their solicitor costs than it would of to give us the therapy......... But they wouldn't meet us half way.

7 months and alot of hard work later we did actually win!!!!!

It is alot of work and very stressful but my girls are proof it can be done so stick with it! :thumbs:

7 months and alot of hard work later we did actually win!!!!!

Wow it took us a bit longer to get Js needs met, so you did well, but your right you can do it, good on you for going all the way and agree its disgusting that the LEA used more money fighting you rather than giving your daughters the right help, it really is disgusting, but proud of you that you did do it, and won, I love reading posts like yours.

JsMum

xxxxxx :thumbs:

Well done to you Kay74, I hope you have had a well deserved drink!

As Js mum says I too love reading success stories, I have just started the assessment process and know I will have a fight on my hands but its good to know that there can be light at the end of the tunnel.