NobbyNobbs

lactose free that doesn't taste odd

i cannot have any normal milk, it has to be the lactofree milk basically its dairy without the lactose the sweet sugary stuff. Because lactose makes me poorly and then i be on the toilet all day- like the mistake of me buying refresher icelolly think it was just fruit and it turns out it had milk in. I was colic when I was a toddler so it makes sense why i cannot tolerate lactose

Edited by Special_talent123

i cannot have any normal milk, it has to be the lactofree milk basically its dairy without the lactose the sweet sugary stuff. Because lactose makes me poorly and then i be on the toilet all day- like the mistake of me buying refresher icelolly think it was just fruit and it turns out it had milk in. I was colic when I was a toddler so it makes sense why i cannot tolerate lactose

Lactose intolerance is a separate condition unconnected with ASD.

Lactose intolerance is a separate condition unconnected with ASD.

dont worry, theres no link. just beacuse you have asd doesnt mean your going to have any problems with digesting dairy. most pepole have some degree of lactose intollerents, but for most its not an issue.

well you know how many people out there on lactofree facebook group that lactofree site has saved there life - because they can have dairy without the lactose . which is what makes me poorly. i was colic as a toddler and i am pretty sure all intolerances and allergies are common i know quite alot of people with this problem

well you know how many people out there on lactofree facebook group that lactofree site has saved there life - because they can have dairy without the lactose . which is what makes me poorly. i was colic as a toddler and i am pretty sure all intolerances and allergies are common i know quite alot of people with this problem

i must admit i tryed the lactofree milk and it slipped down nicley. usually i get a bit bloated with milk, lactofree diddnt do that, its good stuff.

then it shows u have a lactose problem rather than dairy. I tried against soya made soya beans would not have that on my cereal, i tried lactofree after waterstone recommended me it- it turns out i have a lactose problem not dairy because if i eat cheese, milk than poorly but if i have lactofree no poorly tummy. they even do the icecreams and cheese yummy!

i disagree and feel lactose intolerance is common in asd families including nt relatives.

im addicted to animal milk and gluten i suspect ive got a soya problem instead.

op why did you ask about milk problems? i get fogged out and hyper on milk.

Only one of my boys enjoys milk,thats my 4 year old(NT). He will have about 500mls a day and also has two drinking yoghurts a day. Sam(asd) started drinking tea from age two and thats when he stopped having milk(on its own) and Dan (asd) has never really been interested...even with cereal he will rather have it dry. But no real negative effect like hives etc.

Excuse my ignorance, as a relative newbie to the forum but I thought that a lactose intolerance went hand in hand with Aspergers. My son couldnt drink cows milk when he was a baby and had to drink soya milk as an infant which he didnt like either. He was able to tolerate this without being colicky.

As an 11 year old, he is now able to better tolerate dairy...,

F x

Edited by Fudge

A casein intolerance can go hand in hand with ASD. Casein is the protein found in milk which means lactofree milk could still affect some individuals. http://www.espa-research.org.uk//research.html

I get a morphine like addiction to gluten and casein whenever I have even the smidgen of the stuff. I'm also sensitive to MSG and aspartame.

Due to my EDS/HMS i avoid pineapples as well because their bromelain content can loosen my joints.

i didn't realise how much dairy and gluten addictions were affecting me until i tried to do without them.

Although i still have MH problems i am better at expressing them than before, also my typing and writing have improved.

? Vegans live without casein, it cant be that common.

Casein intolerance is more common than lactose intolerance amongst kids with ASD. I haven't managed to find out whether casein or lactose intolerances are more prevalent amongst certain variants of ASD than others. Most of the kids with AS I have encountered over the years enjoy drinking milk and do not seem to experience any bad reactions. They have a strong preference towards full fat although I'm not sure whether they prefer the taste or whether it digests more easily. I seemed to have some strange reactions with the cartons of milk at primary school that didn't occur with fresh full fat milk at home so I stopped drinking them.

Interesting you say that Canopus,as my four year old (Eli) will only drink full fat milk,though unlike his two brothers with ASD he has no dx but is being monitored by GP's aand school.

What is the reaction to those who have Casein intolerance? (just out of interest)

http://www.bionutritionalcare.com/?page_id=130

lists some symptoms but it varies from individual to individual.

"

Symptoms may include:

• Mouth Sores (canker sores)
  • Cracks in Corners of Lips
  • Bad breathe
  • Tooth Enamel Defects or Discoloration
  • Frequent Indigestion
  • Frequent gas with offensive odor
  • Light or clay colored stools with offensive odor
  • Steatorrhea (floating stools)
  • Bloating
  • Abdominal Distension (when stomach protrudes and feels firm)
  • Chronic diarrhea or constipation
  • Irritability or Moodiness
  • Mood swings
  • Lack of emotion
  • Depression
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Chronic fatigue
  • Bone or Joint Pain
  • Infertility or irregular menstration
  • Skin Rashes (eczema, psoriasis, boils)
  • Dermatitis Herpetiformis (skin rash related to celiac disease)
  • Failure to Thrive in Babies
  • Peripheral Neuropathy (numbness or tingling in arms or legs)
  • Ataxia (gait difficulty, balance problems, uncoordinated walking)
  • Weight Changes (Sudden gain or loss of weight) "

This is related to autism btw all forms.