isme

Hi!

Hi to everyone!

Im never sure what to write in an introduction post, I always either write too much or never enough! ;)

I do know a few of you from other places which is cool, I don't feel totally like the new girl!

My 8 year old son was given the dx of Aspergers on Friday (as was my husband after talking to the consultant! who labelled me "brave!") and I'm not quite sure where to go next and what to do, so Im here to find out more, get some more ideas and share the joys and not so joys of Aspergers!

I have had a fair bit of training in teaching children with ASD, Aspergers and a range of other issues as I spent a few years teaching children with special needs in special schools, but its SOO different being a mum, told a dx and handed a few bits of paper, being told that he will see us again in another 6 months (which is not till November which is quite good going I have been told!)

I also have 2 lovely princesses who are nearly 4 and 5!

Hiya Suzi,

Welcome aboard....have a good nose n ask whatever you need theres always plenty of help. :thumbs:

Hello and welcome, its great to have someone else who has experiences to share with us all, hope we can help you out as well. There is always someone about to either listen or to help out.