Mandapanda

Hypnotherapy

Hi

My son suffers severe anxiety which is stopping him doing almost everything. I have wondered if hypnotherapy could maybe 'take the edge' off the anxiety and enable him to access other help, such as CBT.

Has anyone used this for themselves or their child, or know anyone who has?

we use hypnotherapy in conjunction with other interventions for anxiety (and other symptoms) in asd. it is not a panacea - you have to find the cause of the anxiety and remove it - the most common causes we find are related to prosopagnosia

hope this helps

Yes i tried this with my son but it did not really help as he struggled with the visulisation accept of it all. I think it will depend on your child's ability to do this. The one thing it did do was make him nice and relaxed for a couple of hours afterwards which was lovely.

I absaloutly do think Hypnotherapy if done by an experienced and trained proffessional could be very effective, especially for anxiety, hypnotherapy use a lot of relaxation techneques to help the person feel less tense and stressed, I think it could be at least tried and a couple of short sessions to help get into a longer period of time, Hypnotherapy has helped greatly for me and Jay, and yes I do believe it is very effective for a lot of needs and so wished it was available on the NHS.

JsMum

xxxx

My husband has had an interest in this for a long time and so has over the last year been on some very intensive training courses. I have to admit I was sceptical, however I have dipped in to the training material and quite surprised at the amount he has had to cover. He is currently looking at the use of cbt and hynotherapy together. I undrstand cbt as a lot of my cients get referred for it. CBT appears to be rarely available on the NHS.

Hi

My son suffers severe anxiety which is stopping him doing almost everything. I have wondered if hypnotherapy could maybe 'take the edge' off the anxiety and enable him to access other help, such as CBT.

Has anyone used this for themselves or their child, or know anyone who has?

Hi there. My husband and I were hypnotised about 6 years ago to stop smoking. My husband was on over 30 a day and it still worked and he hasn't touched one since. I have no idea if it work for you but it was the best £90 we ever spent in our lives!!!!

Hello

Rally man is seeing a physiotherapist and he feels it helps him with his OCD. Hes also autistic and ADHD and he seemed calmer on the phone tonight after his session. Hes one of my closest friends but i wish he would be given it on the NHS!

Alexis