Sign in to follow this  
bikemad

Its an effing joke....

Yup you guessed it ds's current school....omg.......its inset day Fri so they are doing red nose day Thur n the kids have to dress as zombies devils n goulies and get this do a thrillerthone.....yup the thriller dance....now maybe its just me but these are kids as young as 7 who im highly doubting wil have seen the vid plus a lot of the kids at that school have varying beleifs that dont believe in ghouls ghosts etc.....theres a Jehovah witness there, a hindu and 3 from ds's chapel who dont do devils ghosts etc....so ds came out n said theres no way im dressing like that i dont believe it is right....so tomorow il go in n tel them i want him excused on conscientious grounds.

And in school they were discussing death(nice ey!!!)n ds said bout when he was born dead n had to be revived n said bully boy n a croney were saying eeewwww get lost ghost we dont wanna play with a dead kid etc to ds n a bunch of kids witnesses it...I rung the school n the head wasnt there so spoke to ds's condescending ###### of a teacher n she said o J probably brought it up so the kids asked bout it......wtf....told her no thats not what happened it was not friendly and J didnt bring it up cos theres at least 3 witnesses too it one of them being your teachers pet kid...she was like o il have a word tomorow but it l be nothing....omg I almost marched down the school to ******* kill her!!!!!! And another kid asked why ds is changing schools is it cos he is bullied n the teacher said theres no bullying here......o yeah whatever!!!! So im going to see the head bout it tomorow n play **** over the teachers attitude!!! :wallbash:

Btw they know J is moving school.

None of mine have seen thriller an they are all older than yours, I agree its ridiculous, its time to leave that school!! keep him off that day, if you are not working that is. keep strong! Enid >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

At our school the children have been asked to wear clothes inside out, or monsters. I only know because my daughter told me. My son did not give me the form and then when I raised the subject with him he told me it was 'stupid idiots who dreamt those studid days...' I must say I do have some sympathy with him. We have compromised. He goes in his uniform and he puts a �1 in the collection. He refuses point blank to wear mufti, fancy dress, etc... uniform is best at all times. The school has now accepted and I have noticed he is not the only one. I used to make all these fancy dress stuff in a panic and everytime he would have a massive tantrum because he did not want to wear it. He also hates sports day, disco day, drama don't even go there!

You've read about our bullying experience. We have been at it since my son started school, so 6 years....For outsiders it is totally incomprehensible what we are going through I think. I don't know what it's like for you, but for me most parents avoid me. They are a bunch of idiots!

Big hug and I will think of you and other Aspies on Friday... :thumbs:>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

OMG!

mine doesn't do dressing up either, or disco's, hates sports day and the school, in their wisdom have given him next weeks timetable, where there are lots of different things happening, none of them normal stuff and he has already started get worried!!

I'm off up the school shortly to see his teacher and SENCO!!

DSs school had a fairtrade 'banana' day last friday, when the kids were invited to wear something yellow. My DS doesn't didn't want to dress up and so went in his school uniform. There are a high number of ASD children at his school and I noticed that most of them weren't dressed up either. I work in the school kitchen and I noticed that ALL of the children were very hyper and some of them were not coping too well, including my DS.

Now we have Red Nose day and they are asked to wear something silly, and there are going to be 'fun and games' in the classrooms in the afternoon. There's also a 'Red Nose day' lunch, which I will be helping to serve, and we have 3 times the usual number of children having dinner that day - so that will be another noisy, stressful dinnertime for him :(

There isn't any pressure put on any child to join in if they don't want to.The head teacher puts aside a spare classroom on days like this, for anyone who needs to get away from it all. They'll have some board games and cars for them to play with and some books to read. I've got a feeling that I may end up in there myself :wacko:

I really think it's good for the kids to have fun days like this, as long as the school recognise that not all of them actually enjoy it, and make provision for them, too :thumbs:

First,"thriller" isn't that the Michal Jackson video. I wouldn't have thought that a school would have wanted to be associated with anything to do with him.

Second if people want to do silly things to raise money for charity (Parent putting their hands in their pockets again) then it should be voluntary and not imposed by the school.

If the school want to arrange something outside of normal school hours fine but don't assume that we all want to be involved in their silly ideas.

Sorry to not go wih the flow of opinion. But whats so bad about dressing up to raise money for a good cause.

If your child doesnt want to dress up fine, theres planty of other things to do.

Just looking at what youve said has happened, I think you are overreacting .

Just my opinion

Sorry to not go wih the flow of opinion. But whats so bad about dressing up to raise money for a good cause.

If your child doesnt want to dress up fine, theres planty of other things to do.

Yes, I agree with you - the vast majority of children really enjoy it, and I feel it's good for them to learn about charities and fundraising. I guess it's just a case of the school realising that some of the children, especially those with ASDs, can find all the changes very unsettling, and making provision accordingly.

Our school is very good at doing this, but sadly it seems that's not the case everywhere.

Our school are having a mad professor theme! You pay �1 and come dressed up or for those who don't feel comfortable in fancy dress , they can pay a pound but come in non-uniform. I think this works really well. My kids don't usually like to do the fancy dress thing but feel much happier being able to wear their normal clothes. Having said that both are donning white doctors coats on Friday - I think I may be pushing my luck if I offered to back comb their hair for them!!!

We have had all sorts of charity days in the past - red day, wacky hair day, superheroes, cartoon characters, pirates, pyjamas - I do think the monsters/Thriller theme is a bit odd, though.

I totally agree with Nicky-in many schools, fancy dress days and other less structured events form a part of the whole (IYKWIM) and can be great fun. Hand in hand with that goes the fact that there has to be provision for those who cannot/don't want to join in. It would be lovely if all schools supported these children by having a quieter area or somesuch, as my lad also finds these days hard to cope with, though he's always keen to give it a go.

(By the way, I'll be dressing up as a mad viking on Friday, hopefully it'll raise a laugh with the kiddlies!)

I must say I find it odd that a school would choose to unleash each child's inner beast by having a scary/horror type event- ALL the kids will be manic, I promise you!

That what I thought Chris......but a few of you missed the point all together...it is for religious reasons my son isnt dressing up. As it is the school are fine with it cos theres been umpteen parents go in complaining about the thriller dance and vid being shown etc.

The main part of the thread I posted was actually the bullying n the teachers attitude and as it is things got even worse n ive had to write a formal complaint against 2 teachers who more or less condoned the bullying cos it aint that bad really......hhhhhmmmmm tell that to a 9 year old who want to be dead....so tomorow a letter of complaint is going in....be glad when he is out of the school...theres currently another 3 parents writting formal complaints cos their kids are being bullied but nowt is being done.

The main part of the thread I posted was actually the bullying n the teachers attitude

Sorry about that, I went off on one of my hobby horses. I have stated my view on bullying and schools attitude to many time to recall.

There does seem to be this attitude by many that if they ignore bullying it will go away.

Bullying in any form should not be tolerated.