hedders

SUMMER HOILDAYS

JUST WONDERING REALLY WHAT THE CHANCES ARE AND IF THIS IS COMMON WITH CHILDREN.

DD LEFT SCHOOL ATTAINMENT LEVEL 1A IN ALL SUBJECTS

AFTER SUMMER HOILDAYS STARTED SCHOOL ON ATTAINMENT LEVEL 1C

COULD THIS MEAN SHE FORGOT WHAT SHE LEARN'T ??

I KNOW IF THIS HAPPENED DURING SCHOOL TERMS THEN ONE THOUGHT WOULD BE THAT THEY WERE ABSENT FROM SCHOOL FOR A LONG PERIOD SO WOULD THIS BE THE SAME FOR SUMMER HOILDAYS.

Edited by hedders

JUST WONDERING REALLY WHAT THE CHANCES ARE AND IF THIS IS COMMON WITH CHILDREN.

DD LEFT SCHOOL ATTAINMENT LEVEL 1A IN ALL SUBJECTS

AFTER SUMMER HOILDAYS STARTED SCHOOL ON ATTAINMENT LEVEL 1C

COULD THIS MEAN SHE FORGOT WHAT SHE LEARN'T ??

I KNOW IF THIS HAPPENED DURING SCHOOL TERMS THEN ONE THOUGHT WOULD BE THAT THEY WERE ABSENT FROM SCHOOL FOR A LONG PERIOD SO WOULD THIS BE THE SAME FOR SUMMER HOILDAYS.

Hi Katie yes it could happen but not sure if just to children with learning disabilitys, my older 2 may have forgotten and soon picked it up then started the pace again and caught up, but with learning disabilities this would be a harder task to do if they are already working at a slower pace than their peers, so this is probably what as happened to your daughter, i don't know with Melissa yet as i don't know what level she is working at as they don't do it until after year 2 or is it because she isn't working at any level yet and that is why i don't know, i think more likely the last answer is more correct, her older sister and brother i remember were both at average level at her age 2c - 2a for all subjects it is a matter of wait and see and i think that is what the school are doing also, it is hard but with your daughter she is older and they shouldn't be waiting around or messing i would go to her senco and say to him/her that you want a second opinion as you don't want your daugther struggling anymore. Good luck. Sharon x >:D<<'>

Hi. It's a well known fact that kids (with disabilities and without) lose an average of 3 months reading age over the summer holidays if they don't read at all while off school. It takes a long while to catch up on this, so make sure kids read regularly over the holidays - even a book a week will make a difference. I've always continued reading with mine and provided word searches, crosswords and simple Maths problems - apart from anything else it stops them getting bored. I print them off and make them into an 'Activity Book'. Or your local book shop will have ready made ones you can buy.

The summer school holidays are a nightmare!

DD misses the routine of going to school and then we she goes back it is all different, different room, different teacher, different routine, which is a complete nightmare for her. Last September, she had toileting regression, which was awful for her at school and a terrible worry for me!

I am planning ahead for this summer and I have already put her name down for activities that are run at the school, so far I have 9 days....

She doesn't have any real friends at school so arranging "play dates" (hate that phrase, can't think of another at the moment though!) so that she keeps in touch with the other children is very difficult...

I recieved a reply from senco today as i asked for an explantion and sent him her previous attainment levels from yr2 as they are the same this yr for him to explain.

Its says in his letter

Thankyou for your letter, as with all schools we use national curriculum level descriptors to level children's work.

i trust this answers your concern

I recieved a reply from senco today as i asked for an explantion and sent him her previous attainment levels from yr2 as they are the same this yr for him to explain.

Its says in his letter

Thankyou for your letter, as with all schools we use national curriculum level descriptors to level children's work.

i trust this answers your concern

Oh! well I'm pleased thats been clarified. We're all quite relieved :whistle::whistle::whistle: