Sign in to follow this  
Sooze2

Anyones child done a LASS test?

The teacher calls it a Lucidity test. My daughter age 6 has started it, its done over a few sessions. In a couple of the parts she scored below the 5th centile - visual spatial memory and auditory sequential memory plus and couple of others. On one part she was on the 100th centile. The PSA is putting her down for a heaering test and I need to take her for a sight test.

I have the printout of the one DS did when he was 8 and he was below 40 on all, below 10 on most and didn't understand how to do one of the tests.

So if daughter has problems with visual spatial memory and auditory sequential memory what does that mean, I don't want to go jumping to any conclusions but its not too good is it? I think the test is for dyslexia.

Just thought I'd ask the experts. ;)

sight test will be a waste of time - you need a visual processing test

The teacher calls it a Lucidity test. My daughter age 6 has started it, its done over a few sessions. In a couple of the parts she scored below the 5th centile - visual spatial memory and auditory sequential memory plus and couple of others. On one part she was on the 100th centile. The PSA is putting her down for a heaering test and I need to take her for a sight test.

I have the printout of the one DS did when he was 8 and he was below 40 on all, below 10 on most and didn't understand how to do one of the tests.

So if daughter has problems with visual spatial memory and auditory sequential memory what does that mean, I don't want to go jumping to any conclusions but its not too good is it? I think the test is for dyslexia.

Just thought I'd ask the experts. ;)

sight test will be a waste of time - you need a visual processing test

And an auditory processing test. My son (10) has just done the TAPS test and has scored reasonably well on some tests and couldn't even do others. The NHS APD assessment is due to roll out over the next couple of years. See

http://www.ihr.mrc.ac.uk/research/apd.php?page=apd_imap

for info.

Sue

And an auditory processing test. My son (10) has just done the TAPS test and has scored reasonably well on some tests and couldn't even do others. The NHS APD assessment is due to roll out over the next couple of years. See

http://www.ihr.mrc.ac.uk/research/apd.php?page=apd_imap

for info.

Sue

:o The audiologist at my dd's recent hearing test told us that there are no tests at present to determine auditory processing problems!!! Now not a happy bunny! :shame:

A x

auditory processing testing available through NHS at Great Ormond St

Wait is very long though = but other methods available privately

Too complex for post - sorry.

get them to PM me with their tel number - there is an enormous amount that can be done - will explain on phone