Sign in to follow this  
pingu

Just called

Hi all.

I thought for those who remembered me (and MyWorld) I would pop by and say hello. I know ive not kept in touch, but after last time i posted i didnt feel it appropriate to do so again until things settled down a bit.

But anyway, just to let you know the kids are doing ok. i've had some rough days with the home education, but equally i've had some really good positive days too.

My eldest is doing an arts award at an understanding establishment. My daughter has finially accepted that she is not thick and lazy, and is progressing through her dyslexia. and 'spud' has amazed us all by comming out of his shell so much its like he is a different person. One of his main achievements to date has got to be his swimming.... when at school i had to accompany him as he would'nt use the boys changing rooms, there was so many distractions and sensory issues that he couldnt even stay afloat, and after two years the swimming teacher said she couldnt go any further - he was 'unteachable' -

I never believed this and often suggested things to make it easier - like one to one for example - when we were told it was not possible thats when we knew we had to get him out of mainstream and into MyWorld...

He now looks forward to his weekly swimming lessons, and can not only tolerate the boys changing rooms, but he can swim like a fish. I'm not saying it was easy or that it all clicked into place, but he is certainly not UNTEACHABLE.

Pity no one in the education board wants to know. but we are not doing it for them are we?

Any way, just a mad rant since i had 5 minutes spare. I wont mention anything else as advised before. but i do wish there was someone i could talk to about stuff - ahh well in another life maybe.

take care all love to all.

Shaz And the Rugrats (MyWorld)

Edited by pingu

Hiya Shaz,

So good to hear from you, I often wonder how you are doing.

Great news about the children, you are doing a wonderful job.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Hi Pingu,

Thanks for the update:.good to hear the children are doing well in their different ways. :)

K x

Hi it sounds like things are working out, that is very positive about the swimming, and I was wondering if you have looked into your councils sports council, it could be that there is sessions for children with special needs and one to one tuition, if you cant afford the one to one, you could look at funding, there is a brilliant book that is grants for children with special needs for all sorts of sports and recreational activities.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guide-Grants-Indiv...8629&sr=8-1

The local library will have a resource and available to take details so do have a look, also if you can access family fund they may help towards one to one swimming lessons too.

I am so pleased that its a happier enviroment for all of you, if you need to talk about other stuff what about a councillor throw your gp or pay privately or look out for local telephone councilling.

JsMum

:thumbs:

Edited by JsMum

Hi it sounds like things are working out, that is very positive about the swimming, and I was wondering if you have looked into your councils sports council, it could be that there is sessions for children with special needs and one to one tuition, if you cant afford the one to one, you could look at funding, there is a brilliant book that is grants for children with special needs for all sorts of sports and recreational activities.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guide-Grants-Indiv...8629&sr=8-1

The local library will have a resource and available to take details so do have a look, also if you can access family fund they may help towards one to one swimming lessons too.

I am so pleased that its a happier enviroment for all of you, if you need to talk about other stuff what about a councillor throw your gp or pay privately or look out for local telephone councilling.

JsMum

:thumbs:

Thanks hun x