sjb

Some Good News!!!

At Last!

After applying for DLA back in November and it being refused, i asked them to look at it again and sent lots more information and asking them to contact DS's Dr!

Got a letter today saying that they have changed their decision and he now gets the personal care at the middle rate!!

Should i claim Carer's or will this effect the Child Tax Credit we get?

I claime carers alowance and it doesnt affect the tax credit we get infact you should contact the tax credit folks and inform them you are receiving dla for one of youre children as it actually increases the tax credits you receive for that particular child.

Hi sjb, well done for challenging the decision :thumbs:

I get DLA for DS and carers allowance and I do a wee p/t job.

Clare

At Last!

After applying for DLA back in November and it being refused, i asked them to look at it again and sent lots more information and asking them to contact DS's Dr!

Got a letter today saying that they have changed their decision and he now gets the personal care at the middle rate!!

Should i claim Carer's or will this effect the Child Tax Credit we get?

u are entitled to clam carers allowance it wont effect tax credit.

you will get more ctc as it will include a premium for the dla but you must also tell them and the tax office if you are working about the carers allowance this is a taxable benefit. ctc will take it into account just like earnings so you will still be better off as it's not �1 for �1. if you are working you need to inform your tax office and they will reduce your tax code by the amount of carers so it will probably go to about �3k then you will start to get taxed on your wages but as you can only earn up to �95 for carers after allowable expenses it shouldn/t make too much differance

Thanks for all that ladies.

I have applied!!

And I have informed CTC as well! will inform them again if i get CA