Sign in to follow this  
thebuzzer

Part 2 of Statement (special educational needs)

I wanted to get a idea of how long part 2 of a statement can be and whether anyone has had any luck getting this part more detailed and therefore longer. I know each child has different levels of needs so each statement will vary.

The proposed statement I have had for my son is one side and under the communication section it is woefully inadequate. :rolleyes: I have gone through the SALT report (which was brilliant) and his teachers report and added in what I feel describes all of his needs and instead of 3 small parapraphs I have one side. Parent Partnership have said that I do not need to be hung up on how much longer it is now (2 sides and 8 lines), but having not seen anyone elses statement before I would be interested to know

I am not asking for anything to be put in that was not in the Stat Ass reports, its all there a clear as day, just not in my son's statement. :wallbash:

One and a half to two sides is about the norm, difficult to generalise as it depends on the complexity of needs, as you say. Longer than that and the LA are possibly woffling! Concise is better as long as all the needs are clearly described.

K x