Sign in to follow this  
gavpedz

Need helping hand to kick start

Hey all i would like to ask you all a big favor. I know your all very busy and do not have a great deal of time to spare but here goes anyway. I would love you guys to think of one topic that you feel very strongly about regarding ASD's and related conditions. then start that topic in our forum here http://www.autismnetwork.co.uk/forum.html this will only take a few minutes just make that one post to start the topic is all i ask. What i hope to achieve from this is getting some good conversations going which will also result in have good informative content on the site. I would be forever in your debt if you guys could post just one topic each if you want to post more than on thats fine to. Big thanks in advance.

Take care Gavin

AutismNetwork.co.uk Founder

Hi Gavin :)

Your enthusiasm in promoting your site is good to see, but to be honest I think you need to establish yourself here a bit more before people will feel entirely comfortable about the posts you are making...

You joined our forum less than a month ago, and almost exclusively the 12 posts you have made have been to promote your own new site.

While I can understand your eagerness to get that site off the ground, and admire your commitment to do so, i think it would help if you became more of an active presence here (and on other boards, if you are posting in a similar way elsewhere) so people can get more of an idea about you/ your motivations etc etc.

Asking people to blindly 'jump in' is probably a bit too 'in yer face' for most - I know it is for me - whereas establishing yourself as a presence here/elsewhere and letting people 'get to know you' will be slower but (probably) more effective. The link is on your signature, so people reading your posts will have the option of clicking it. the more you contribute here, the more likely they are to want to.

Hope that helps

L&P

BD :D

Oh PS: Just thought about that siggy... 'THE positive online community' could rub people up the wrong way (it seems to suggest the online community they are currently using is somehow less or not positive)... perhaps an edit to something less challenging, like 'A new resource for autistic people and carers' or something like that?

Edited by baddad

Thanks for that post it was very constructive and happily accepted you have a point and will be acting your advise. I see what you mean about the line in the sig never thought of it like that i have used it for some time as quite often or in my experience anyway some places are very negative and generally do not help anyone but it does seem these days things are much better (no offense anyone by the way i know how hard it can get).

Anyway thanks.