Sallya

The Grumpy Old Woman Thread......

Where do I start? The thing that really gets my goat at the minute, is the companies that make play stations and hand held consoles......they keep bringing out new models - what's wrong with the one's they're already making.....?

People who can't pull their trousers up...or use a belt.....

Kids that dump all their school stuff in the hall for you to trip over when there's a perfectly good cupboard......

Men that nick the tv remote....

will pop back later, got to get dd from Brownies.

Where do I start? The thing that really gets my goat at the minute, is the companies that make play stations and hand held consoles......they keep bringing out new models - what's wrong with the one's they're already making.....?

Absolutely! :clap::angry:

And on a similar theme, mobile phone companies - why can't they make one universal phone charger which fits all phones of different makes??? :wallbash:

K x

Where do I start?

To many.....

The M&S adverts - those with the woman breathing and talking in that sickly voice.

Piers Morgan.

People who talk over you or down to you.

Anyone using foul language to their children.

Couples or families all walking in a row on the pavement and you have to end up walking in the road.

So many more - but get wound up even writing them down - could that be counted as therapy perhaps?!!!!

Take care,

Jb

Okayyyyyyyyyyy... If you get me started, I am not sure where it will end as I am an obvious candidate for Old G.W. I can start with children who never put the top on the toothpaste and cannot find the laundry basket despite the fact that it's big, red and on the landing. :wacko:

Companies that call me telling me that I have been exclusively selected for new windows when my house is only 7 years old.

People who promise that they are calling you back and never do. :angry:

The words 'Nice' and 'Lovely'.

LOVELY!!!!! :devil:

I have found my spiritual home ... :lol:

People who mispronounce my surname. Ok its unusual but its not that unusual. Cold callers in particular. I've got that I'll answer to any approximation.

Being outnumbered by the men in my household & having no one to watch & discuss Coronation St & 10 years younger with. Being outvoted by them so I have to watch a nature programme instead of Grand Designs.

Re. the above: having to sort & pair up 28 black socks every single week. And work out which are mr p's and which are JP's.

The tarmac men "working" in our road who called round 5 TIMES to ask if I wanted an estimate! Ok my drive really needs doing, but dear god, not by them.

I'm sure I'll be back .... :whistle:

Coffee shops who give you half a cup of foam when you ask for a takeaway cappuccino. The cup feels suspiciously light. They can get away with it when it's a mug, as the weight of the mug obscures the fact that there's very little in it except bubbles.

K x

One major grump is the number of stuff we can no longer do because of Health and Safety. No running in the playground, no bumping cars if you play 'dodgems' at the fair :tearful: , no swimming without your parent if under 8 even if you actually swim better than your parent, no archery club anymore because the leader does not want to take the risk of being left on his own with the children anymore... It just seems completely mad. I know, I know, it is for good reasons, maybe, but in the meantime it makes life so boring, limited and children are never encouraged to take any risks.

People who phone me on my mobile when I'm at home. Might sound pathetic, but I get rubbish reception in my house, and why use up my phone battery when there's a perfectly good landline there they could use!

And cyclists who dress all in black and have no lights when they are cycling after dark!

ahhh yes I like that one and you have to give bl***y intimate details about what is going on with you before you can get to see the doctor. :wallbash:

Doctor's receptionist who don't give you the chance to finsh off what you are telling them and think that they are the

doctor themselves :angry:.

Sales assistants who ask "have you got anything smaller?" when you proffer a ten pound note.

No because if I had I would have given it to you, you twit. :wallbash:

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Piers Morgan.

I used to think that, then I went to see Britains Got Talent being filmed and he got on stage with some guys and did Air Guitar all the way through it. I so hope that show that when it comes on TV next month, had me in stitches!!!

I have to say that my pet hate is...."PEOPLE" I'm non discrimanotory, I just hate them all Muhahahaha!!!

Nah seriously though, I seem to just hate something about most people I cross paths with. Not friends or anything just your everyday public.

Bumping into you then having a go at you for getting in the way

Driving straight across a crossing

Driving past you when you stop on a crossing

Stopping in traffic across a crossing

Chatting while working on a till and you are queuing for ages to get served GRRRRRRR

Not speaking to you while taking your money on a till

Pulling out on you

Even down to people that know you arent "very well" keep calling asking you if you are oki when they already know you arent! Just shut up and do something or go away!!!

Ooooooooh I'm soooooo moody LOL

Ahhh I forgot this one!

When a company calls you up and wont talk to you until you have given this COMPLETE STRANGER your full name, address and mothers maiden name to get YOU through security even though they know you are YOU because they called YOU and you have no idea who on earth they are!!!

I just tell them in the interests of data protection i'm not giving them anything and they'll have to write LOL

Edited by minerva

I totally agree with you Minerva, I think very few people are respectful of others. It's okay for them to do stuff even if it is very unpleasant for every one else. For example:

Teenagers using those noisy mopeds to go up and down a street just to annoy everyone. :wallbash:

People who use a mobile phone on a train and speak so loud that everyone else knows everything about their lives.

Parents who let their kids climb everywhere, damage your garden... and if you complain tell you that they are children and they have rights (oh yeah what about my rights to have nice flowers!) :wallbash::wallbash:

People who park in the school carpark all over the place, pavement, disabled spaces, the crossing... they cause danger to other children but their children are more important than everyone else's children.

I suppose a sort of 'don't give a 'sh*t' about you mate' attitude.. That REALLY gets me.

Enough, enough... I can feel my stress levels going up just thinking about it.

:lol::lol::lol: Agree with all the above, plus

traffic wardens who give mobile teachers a parking ticket when they are four minutes late back to their car and were visibly seen by said traffic warden helping a person in a wheelchair get out of the library, which was the reason they were late (happened to one of our staff last week). :angry::angry: Yeah Yeah, I know they are only doing their job but whatever happened to common sense and community spirit.

people in supermarkets who abandon their trolly in the middle of an aisle so others have to ram it to get through :angry:

Anyone who calls at my door to sell me something, or try and convert me to their religion, particularly when I am cleaning the oven or have just soaked myself trying to clean the shower. :shame:

People who are naturally slender who sit and eat large bars of chocolate and tubs of B&J and never put on even a little bit of spare tyre (I am married to one of these). :crying::crying:

People who are in senior management who have no management skills. :clap::clap:

sons who leave mobile phones in trouser pockets, so that they get washed and end up being dried out in the airing cupboard for two weeks and then never work properly again.

Kids games and toys which cost a lot of money and are flogged to death on the adverts, then when you actually buy them they are just rubbishy bits of plastic which have been marketed to death. AND whilst I am on the subject of toys, expensive toys that, when you open the box, are just loads of tiny bits that you have to spend hours putting together. :ninja::angry:

People who leave wee on the seat in public toilets :oops::sick:

People who leave the cat flap open at night so the cat brings something dead indoors for me to tread in next morning. :sick::sick:

I am quite a happy easy going person really !

baddad annoys me just cos hes so annoying!!!

It's annoying for me too - you try being perfect, it really rubs people up the wrong way :)

:devil:

Got a couple more!!!! People who eat noisily at the cinema/theatre. There you are faced with the key moment of the film and all you can hear is the crunch crunch noise of pop corn AHHHHHH. :shame:

People who make a mess in a public place (today it was a a theatre) and expect others to clean up after them. if you had seen the place after the show you would have thought that Attila and his croonies had invaded the place. :star:

I spotted an ad in the paper for a Mr grumpy t shirt, and thought it would be perfect for my other half for father's day. Guess what...when I get to the store....all sold out :angry::angry:

Why do companies charge so much for spare parts of things? Just brought a new net and cushion for the trampoline, and was nearly what I paid when I brought it 5 years ago. Money grabbing wotsits.

Never been on this forum so forgive me if I'm inappropriate. I wanted to simply complain. It is about family members who treated you like ######, never mind the world. Wondered if anyone else had/has that problem? :tearful: