Stella63

OJ sang Danny Boy last night!!!

My little star has done it again!!!

It was the Spring concert at school last night and he did an absolutely blinding performance of Danny boy - which is one of those songs that gets you, let alone when its your son!!! :clap:

I've uploaded it to Youtube and it can be accessed through OJ's channel - josephmyst3r - (I don't know how to do links and I wish someone would show me how!!!). Apparently it takes quite a while for it to show in a general search.

If you get a moment, have a look - he is just so gorgeous!!! Not that I am biased at all!! :whistle:

Stella x

Lovely stuff - I bet you needed a whole box of tissues to watch that, Stella! :crying::)

He doesn't appear to display any sign of nerves or the tightness that goes with it - he looks like a seasoned performer - well done him!

:thumbs::clap:

K x

Just watched this......FANTASTIC !!!! You have every right to be proud. Tell OJ that yet another person really appreciates his singing. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thank you all!!!

I broadcast OJ's singing because it is the one thing that keeps him going - on the face of it he seems to be coping with secondary school but he is finding the social aspects really hard and the days when he comes home crying because he has tried so hard to be included within a group and failed - it is totally heartbreaking as a parent to MAKE other kids include him cos you just can't do that!!! But, when he gets on the stage he just pours his heart out, no visible tics, and he is GOOD!!!! And I know that from all the feedback he gets (not just a mum who loves her boy!!!). He also has to put with his older brother continually stealing his things, getting into trouble and generally causing stress and unhappiness on the family.

So, if inspite of all the problems he can get up and sing in front of 500 people, he is a winner!!!! and I thank all of you for listening and caring (and a special one for Clare who has actually heard him sing live!!)

Thank you

Stella xxxxx

ps Thank you Bid for being clever and able to set up a link!!!

Edited by Stella63

well done!

I have just watched it and I thought it was sooo lovely. Music is such a super hobbie as it makes you forget all your worries (I speak from personal experience because I was bullied at school non stop and that kept me going). My son plays the saxophone and believe me when he plays he really goes for it + he thinks he looks cool for once when he plays that instrument.

Congrats to your boy.

Mel :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::thumbs::thumbs:>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I've just watched the clip and WOW!!

you have every right to be proud :groupwave:

It was beautiful :crying:

I can only echo the other comments, it was champion.

His Joseph vid was great too, I loved how he used movement along with the words.......

He's very talented, Stella......I found his voice rather moving. My Mum would have LOVED it.

Hi Pookie,

That was a very poignant comment for me. My mum died when OJ was 4 so she hasn't been able to share in his growing up, dx's etc. But Danny Boy was one of her favourite songs and it was played at her funeral. Unfortunately whan OJ first told me he was singing it I blurted out that information which made him very upset for a while - luckily he got over it and was able to sing it at the concert.

Stella xx

Hi Kathryn,

Yes he started having lessons when he came to the school last year. I had explained to the Music Director about his special needs and she matched him up with a teacher who has an ADHD son. They get on really well and he is the only boy who has singing lessons!!

She will also coach him through his voice breaking which I think is beginning to start. OJ can't wait cos he wants to know what his range will be like and can then decide what sort of music he wants to sing - I think everyone agrees he will carry on getting better and better - he's got one hell of a pair of lungs!!!

Stella xx

It's good that he's having lessons and taking it seriously. Singing is something he will be able to do throughout life.

L loves singing too and her lessons were the only thing she really enjoyed about school. Her teacher was lovely and the 1-1 attention was a respite from the unrelenting pressure of the classroom. She got grade 5 - but the examiner took marks off because she didn't look at him!

K x

Edited by Kathryn