bid

Bad News

Yesterday my youngest daughter Meg (11) was knocked down by a car on her way home from school.

She is going to be OK, but she is very unwell in hospital with multiple injuries.

I'm just at home to try and grab some sleep while DH spends tonight with her as I have been with her since it happened.

Bid :(

Edited by bid

bid that's awful. Poor Meg. Must have been (and still is) very traumatic for her and all of you.

Get well soon meg

Flo' XXXX

I'm really sorry Bid! I hope Meg will make a good recovery.

Let us know how you're all getting on when you get the chance, but make sure you look after yourselves first.

T xx

Hiya Bid,

Hope you got some sleep last night,

Thinking of you all, love and hugs to Meg,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Take care of yourself too

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

K x

Bid thats truly terrible dreadful news.My thoughts are with you and your family, and of course Meg, please keep us updated as to how she is, best wishes and hugs suzex >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Thank you everyone, and for the PMs...sorry if i don't get a chance to reply >:D<<'>

Right: house is clean and food shopping done so I'm about to go back to the hospital...won't be online again until probably tomorrow evening.

She had a better night, but still very unwell.

Bid :(

Edited by bid

hi bid

sorry to hear the news on dd meg i hope she doing good hugs to you all and takecare

lov

theresa xx >:D<<'>

Oh no, bid :tearful: :tearful: :tearful:

Huge hugs to you all, and i hope she makes a speedy recovery

Take care >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

hi bid

sending u all my love

and wishing for a speedy recovery bless her

send my love to meg

love donnaxxxxxxxxxx

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Thinking of Meg.I hope she continues to make a good recovery and you do ok with the long days sitting around in hospital.Karen.

Quick update, as I'm just home for a shower and something to eat before I whizz back to the hospital.

On the plus side, she won't need skin grafts for the wounds on her face and shoulder. And at the end of the afternoon she was well enough to sit in a wheelchair for about half an hour :thumbs:

On the down side, she has a complex break in one arm with nerve damage and resulting palsy in that hand. The orthopaedic surgeon had it re-xrayed today before they decide the best thing to do, but when I left an hour or so ago he still hadn't appeared to share his plan! :(

Thanks once more for all the kind thoughts >:D<<'>

Bid :wacko:

Bid, how awful I am so sorry to hear this, sending you my support and best wishes for your daughters speedy recovery

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Thinking of you all.I hope the orthopaedic surgeon is able to come up with a good course of action.I wish I could send along some nice food and reading material for you and distraction for Meg.It sounds like the easter holiday may be a long one.Karen.

I'm sure that D will find her running around in slow motion going 'bip bip bip bip bip' very entertaining, but tell her to lay of the boinging over treetops/high fences until the cast comes off... unless it's bionic all the way up, of course, in which case tell her to go for it!

:D

I'm sure that D will find her running around in slow motion going 'bip bip bip bip bip' very entertaining, but tell her to lay of the boinging over treetops/high fences until the cast comes off... unless it's bionic all the way up, of course, in which case tell her to go for it!

:D

Big A has already asked to try it on!! You can imagine what would happen to it within about 1 peco-second!

Bid :lol: