Sign in to follow this  
Flibs

I just wanted to say

Just wanted to mention how great my son's school is. Some of you may know in his schooling life he has approximately 100 exclusions 4 permanant and 2 from special needs schools and spent many months at home. Now he often comes home with platiunum certificates (worked out on points you lose throughout the day) and today he mentioned what a briliant day he had today .he saw 2 lambs being born and how much he is looking forawrd to tomorrow where they have a street dancer comming into school and also they are going to make their own c.d. He is loving the expressive arts days ...things really can get better , pity we have to fight but it is worth it

That's brilliant and proves that there is a school that suits all different types of children. I'm all for diversity. And what is more important is your sons positive outlook. It can only improve his self esteem, and all that positive feedback is going to make him so much more positive about things like 'learning'. It sounds like you have found a school that does the type of things your child is interested in and motivated by.

Probably felt like you ran a marathon to reach this point. But nice to know it is attainable!

That's brilliant and proves that there is a school that suits all different types of children. I'm all for diversity. And what is more important is your sons positive outlook. It can only improve his self esteem, and all that positive feedback is going to make him so much more positive about things like 'learning'. It sounds like you have found a school that does the type of things your child is interested in and motivated by.

Probably felt like you ran a marathon to reach this point. But nice to know it is attainable!

Just wanted to mention how great my son's school is. Some of you may know in his schooling life he has approximately 100 exclusions 4 permanant and 2 from special needs schools and spent many months at home. Now he often comes home with platiunum certificates (worked out on points you lose throughout the day) and today he mentioned what a briliant day he had today .he saw 2 lambs being born and how much he is looking forawrd to tomorrow where they have a street dancer comming into school and also they are going to make their own c.d. He is loving the expressive arts days ...things really can get better , pity we have to fight but it is worth it

That's lovely top hear, flibs :clap: My DS is seriously unhappy at school at the moment, so I'm considering looking at other options. It's good to know that it can work, and well done for keeping up the fight :thumbs:

what I did not mention is that my son is very academic, not as in spending ages over his work but almost knowing his subjects, now he is not a savant autistic person but just very bright and I found mainstream schooling could not manage this and I think a lot of his behaviours was due to lack of understanding from teachers and the like and the fact he was bored and very frustrated and he was also very very unhappy