Dawn22

No problem at school..will they give medication

Hi,my son,9,has aspergers and adhd,i have not had an appt since diagnoses,but am returning to clinic in just over a week.He has phases where he can be very challenging at home,and have always maintained that if i could get him to sleep earlier,his behaviour wouldn't be as bad.When he is tired it is really hard to get throught to him.

He tends to be ok at school,bar breaks and dinner but he tends to store up his frustrations and bring them home.He can be very hard to discipline as is very quick to snap,all things which we are working on.

Are they likely to suggest medication,as in a previous meeting they said it was mainly to help 'get them through school',which left me thinking that it was not an option.I would love to work on some of our issues with my son,but he can be very difficult to get throught to,has a tendency to 'know it all'.and doesn't like questions.At the very least i would like something for his sleep as no one is getting a decent break in the family.

I know very little about medication,and don't know how to bring it up.

Am not just after 'drugging' my son,i just want a little help in solving some of the other issues he has to deal with.

Thanks,Dawn.

Hi,my son,9,has aspergers and adhd,i have not had an appt since diagnoses,but am returning to clinic in just over a week.He has phases where he can be very challenging at home,and have always maintained that if i could get him to sleep earlier,his behaviour wouldn't be as bad.When he is tired it is really hard to get throught to him.

He tends to be ok at school,bar breaks and dinner but he tends to store up his frustrations and bring them home.He can be very hard to discipline as is very quick to snap,all things which we are working on.

Are they likely to suggest medication,as in a previous meeting they said it was mainly to help 'get them through school',which left me thinking that it was not an option.I would love to work on some of our issues with my son,but he can be very difficult to get throught to,has a tendency to 'know it all'.and doesn't like questions.At the very least i would like something for his sleep as no one is getting a decent break in the family.

I know very little about medication,and don't know how to bring it up.

Am not just after 'drugging' my son,i just want a little help in solving some of the other issues he has to deal with.

Thanks,Dawn.

Hello. my daughter was recently diagnosed with ADHD and is also not too bad at school, she tends to fidget with things on her desk rather than move around or have challenging behaviour, she was given methylphenidate which was initially given in morning after breakfast and then i had to in school to give it her after lunch, but it wore off at home time and school were getting the benefit not us, so we were given permission to give her another tablet at tea time, so we can have some benefit from its effect. she is on 5mg tablet 3 times a day and although we do still have some issues, we are able to speak to her and get through some of the time, and calm her down or get her think alittle clearer. I hope this helps