MegansMummy

Hi everyone, i'm new to forum!

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well :)

I'm Clare, 25, and live in Notts with my hubby, dd and 2 dogs! DD (vitually 3yrs) got an autism diagnosis in Febuary. We were expecting it but it was still devestating iykwim :tearful: I think i'm now starting to come to terms with it and seem to be coping with her behaviour much better now i know.

She is verbal, but has very little understanding and everything she says is learnt parrot fashion. She spends most of her time singing nursery rhymes (learnt from a CD we have to listen to on repeat... :D) which she uses as her 'escape'. She loves numbers, books and lining things up! I've recently started introducing makaton signs and symbols, its still early days but she's picking it up well - she's very 'visual'. She has lots of sensory issues too.

I'm starting to look into using epsom salts and enzymes but its all a bit overhwelming. Anyone else use them?

Looking forward to having a browse round the forum!

Clare :)

hello and welcome Megansmummy :thumbs:

You could have been describing my DS - he's now 6 and was dx with high-functioning autism at 4. It is a strange time just after dx - even though it wasn't a surprise to us, it still hit us like a 'ton of bricks'. It is a bit daunting at first, but we've found that learning as much as possible about the condition is really helpful. It sounds like you've already done loads of research. I've not looked into Espom salts or enzymes (yet!). We did try a GF/CF diet for a year or so, but found that it didn't seem to have any effect. I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and advice here :)

Nicky >:D<<'>