Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

What has my son got?

You will see in my signature at the bottom of this post the list of dx's my son has. The Asperger and ADHD dx was noted on the same report as "Autistic Spectrum Disorder (Asperger Syndrome)" then "?ADHD". This diagnosis was made by the paediatrician at the hospital.

A few days ago, I was given a copy of a referral letter that his CAMHS doctor wrote. in it is says "In 2005, we diagnosed L with ASD and ADHD....", they were the 2 dx's that were consistently referred to within this referral letter.

Now, I remember when we first started going to CAMHS, having various meeting over several months, then both us and school filling in several forms. then discussing the outcomes from it.

Does it sound - to you - like he has had a second person diagnose him with ASD/ADHD? (I will be asking CAMHS these questions when I manage to speak to his psych.)

Also, does it sound - to you - like he has ASD rather than AS?

Cheers, fi xx

A diagnosis of ASD ay allow you access to more support than a diagnosis of AS. If that's his diagnosis, I wouldn't argue with it.

A diagnosis of ASD ay allow you access to more support than a diagnosis of AS. If that's his diagnosis, I wouldn't argue with it.

Agreed you may get better help if a diagnoses of ASD is given