Sign in to follow this  
sesley

do your special people like music?

my P likes the pop charts on the music channels,he watches them over and over again, he likes Beyonce's Halo and Lady Gaa Gaa's poker face.

Yes, my dd loves pop music, particularly Sugababes, S Club 7, Steps, Kylie and that sort of thing. She drives me nuts with her DVDs of them!

I do make her listen to decent music in the car though B)

I used to like pop music when I was younger and would listen to cds and tapes until they were worn out :whistle: Now I usually get into a band and will listen to them obsessively for months. Drove my mum crazy listening to cds over and over again.

hi

ds age six has recently got into music, dh has just spent 2hrs dowloading all the entrancers for wwe wrestlers for him and he is now pretending to be the undertaker on entrance must say he is very good but we have had to listen to this lots already i think i may go bonkers in the next couple of days lol, i have also had to listen to kevin rudolf let it rock for the last 2mths it also has something to do with wwe, but it is realy nice to see him dancing and trying to sing to these bless

theresa

Cam LOVES music! he would rather watch the music chanels than anything else! he knows the names of many off the people in the bands but is slightly confused as his fav Dave Grohl is in Queen of the stone age, Nirvana and The foo fighters! :wacko:

Cam LOVES music! he would rather watch the music chanels than anything else! he knows the names of many off the people in the bands but is slightly confused as his fav Dave Grohl is in Queen of the stone age, Nirvana and The foo fighters! :wacko:

He's got brilliant taste in music :thumbs: The Dave Grohl thing must be confusing though, he's done so many things with different bands, plus he sings, plays guitar AND drums!

I'm going to buck the trend and say no, and that's a big no.

If we have any music on we get ask for it to be turned off.

Very good taste in music there! Dave Grohl is one of my favourites. :thumbs:

i listen to music and singing is my passion. i like Leona, Leon, Westlife, Take That, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Kylie, Shania Twain, Girls Aloud, Dani Minogue, black eyed peas i like quite a vary.

pop

rnb

country

classical to relax me or dolphin music

do your special people like music?

My husband loves music, I have lost count of the amount of CDs we have. He much prefers music on to the tv. He's not bothered about what music either!

My sister likes music too - especially when she has a glass of wine inside her

DS1 will listen to music - although it has to be what he wants to listen to.

DS2 loves music, just like husband - although is just as happy to watch tv.

DS3 likes music too. He likes it best when it is kaiser chiefs playing on the cd player while he is playing with his toys.

DS4 likes his 'head, shoulders, knees and toes' cd. A CD full of kids songs (Must admit I like to boogy with him while this is on!)

My Mum likes Michael Jackson music - will listen to it till the cows come home.

My MIL loves listening to Status Quo - was quite funny at the weekend when it came on the radio - she turned it up really loud and started dancing to it!!!

I like music too - just like my husband I will quite happily listen to anything, and prefer it to the radio.

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH CHRIS HERE MY SON DOESN'T LIKE MUSIC, HE'S ALWAYS TELLING HIS BROTHERS TO TURN IT DOWN AND IF I HAVE MUSIC ON HE WILL COME IN AND TURN IT OFF :wallbash:

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH CHRIS HERE MY SON DOESN'T LIKE MUSIC, HE'S ALWAYS TELLING HIS BROTHERS TO TURN IT DOWN AND IF I HAVE MUSIC ON HE WILL COME IN AND TURN IT OFF :wallbash:

Just remembered that even before he could talk if, and we were encouraged to to help his speech development or lack of it ,if we sung any nursery rhymes he would put his hand over our mouths to stop us.

Mys son 15 likes watching the Flaunt channel...............mmmm.............dont think its for the music though.Least hes displaying normal teenage boy behaviour for once.

Gawd yea....he plays the mp3's on his phone over n over n over in the car argh lol...he likes clubland esp basshunter and scooter and lady gaga.

My lad is 15 and has absolutely no interest in music at all. He says it's all just noises and he can't make any sense of it at all. Recently he had to do a long, long project on music videos, it was torture. He had to discuss various genres and comment on music vids, and musical types and how they made him feel, etc. How they made him feel was abosolutely nothing, zero, zilch! We spent hours playing him all sorts of different music, pouring through music vids on line and none of it moved him one iota.

~ Mel ~

My lad is 15 and has absolutely no interest in music at all. He says it's all just noises and he can't make any sense of it at all. Recently he had to do a long, long project on music videos, it was torture. He had to discuss various genres and comment on music vids, and musical types and how they made him feel, etc. How they made him feel was abosolutely nothing, zero, zilch! We spent hours playing him all sorts of different music, pouring through music vids on line and none of it moved him one iota.

~ Mel ~

Is he tone deaf by any chance? What exactly was the purpose of the project?

My 16 year old loves music of all genres. She is constantly plugged into her iPod. It is the one thing that she turns to when she is anxious. Whilsts her bedroom is like a pit, her music collection is all neat and tidy in a CD folder and she knows the order of all the CDs and what is on each of them. If I go and borrow one, she immediately notices it is missing. She will listen to music from the 50's Frank Sinatra to all the latest pop records.

A big indie music expert in my house [two actually dad NT likes it too].

Hoping for an electric guitar soon....current special interest obtaining details on all of the best models.

Parents current special interest attempting to sell the idea of the least expensive. :D Karen.

Is he tone deaf by any chance? What exactly was the purpose of the project?

It was part of his GCSE English coursework, unfortunately. Dunno about tone deaf, he's never been able to keep up with singing or music. At primary school when all the others sang he'd just stand there, it was too fast for him and he could never get the words or tune organized in his head fast enough to sing them in time. Was never interested in nursery rhymes for the same reason. He could never grasp his times tables at school because they used to sing them, they'd get all the children standing up and chanting times tables songs. Of course, he could never join in so didn't get the tables cemented in his head like the others did. He's just not tuned in to music, I don't think.

~ Mel ~

It was part of his GCSE English coursework, unfortunately.

Things must have moved on since I was at school. The only videos I watched in English lessons were Shakespeare's plays.

Dunno about tone deaf, he's never been able to keep up with singing or music. At primary school when all the others sang he'd just stand there, it was too fast for him and he could never get the words or tune organized in his head fast enough to sing them in time. Was never interested in nursery rhymes for the same reason. He could never grasp his times tables at school because they used to sing them, they'd get all the children standing up and chanting times tables songs. Of course, he could never join in so didn't get the tables cemented in his head like the others did. He's just not tuned in to music, I don't think.

I suspect he is tone deaf or hypersensitive to sound.

Just had my son's report home.... He has an A+ in music :thumbs:

He had a real passion for music (just like his mum), and a great ear.. fantastic rhythm...

I have clear memories of him, at two, head banging the cupboard the stereo sat on...... and would only stop when i put on classical music!

Well my son has just passed his grade 1 saxophone :thumbs: but has zero interest in pop music or classical. If you say an artist's name he says Amy Winewhat????? He seems to like obscure world music and loved WOMAD drumming workshops. He also likes Kathakali (indian drama), flamenco...Things with a strong rhythm. No wonder he does not have much in commun with his peers! He often listens to the radio but he seems to choose talking programmes (he loves BBC7). My husband, daughter and myself love music and we play it and listen to it all the time, go to lots of concerts and to a wide range of musical events.

G has always hated music-especially when I sing-along-a-Dolly in the car (Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Joleeeeeene!!!) :D:D:D

He never took any notice of the children's music I played for him, or the music and dancing DVDs and videos I used to watch with him when he was a toddler. He runs away from the telly when Boogey Beebies is on.

BUT! One day, the radio was on in the background, and 'Born To Be Wild' came on. G stopped dead in his tracks and started headbanging!!!! I swear to God, if I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed it! He has long hair (won't have it cut), and really looked the part. :band: He then ran round the house singing 'Boooorn-a-be-wiiiild'.

Since then, he's developed an interest in any music he thinks might be 'rock and roll'. He asks me when it comes on the radio if it is, and if I say yes, he'll dance to it. If not, he just looks distainful.

Hi all.I have been asked to correct the information I gave earlier.Evidently my knowledge is seriously lacking.It is Canadian Indie music specifically that Ben is into. :D

Mum of 3 if it helps it is possible to buy electric drum kits with ear phones so that everyone does not need to join in the experience. :) Karen.

Edited by Karen A

Thanks Karen, that's definately a better option. At the moment, he's convinced his Grandma will buy it for him and let him keep it at her house. I'm letting her deal with that one! :lol:

Fancy you not realising the natural superiority of Canadian Indie music :shame: what on earth were you thinking? :whistle::lol:

Thanks Karen, that's definately a better option. At the moment, he's convinced his Grandma will buy it for him and let him keep it at her house. I'm letting her deal with that one! :lol:

Fancy you not realising the natural superiority of Canadian Indie music :shame: what on earth were you thinking? :whistle::lol:

Lovely for granny.She will be pleased. :lol::lol: Karen.

My husband and my son both like music, but with Ben it has to be particular type of music - stuff like Green Day!

My husband and my son both like music, but with Ben it has to be particular type of music - stuff like Green Day!

My Ben says green day are ok apparently. :D

Green day are another off cams favs, he loves guitars i think its because his Senair (gaelic for grandpa) plays the electric guitar. cam has 3 already an accoustic an electric accoustic and an electric guitar :huh: he also has a mini drum kit so it gets quite noisy here sometimes! just as well the neighbours are in their 80s and slightly deaf :lol:he loves any rock music and generaly acts out the videos which can get a bit strange sometimes :wacko: